22

A lot happened after her first meeting with Dumbledore. First, Chrys noticed that the headmaster and Percy both kept keen eyes on her, which made her anxious beyond belief. Second, Severus, Mattheo, Abraxus, and her other friends became a bit more protective of her. And third, Sirius' trial had finally arrived!

Chrys was practically vibrating with both excitement and anxiety. She was dressed in a black button-down blouse with bishop sleeves, which was tucked into a dark, cool green, high-waisted skirt, knee-high black socks, and Mary Jane's. Tied neatly around her neck was a matching green bow, an identical one was braided into her curls. After a glance in the mirror, Chrys darted out of her dorm room.

"Oh, my, gods!" Ophelia squealed upon seeing Chrys enter the common room. "Chrys, you look absolutely darling!" she exclaimed, trapping the doll-like first year in a tight embrace. The younger girl, despite the spike of anxiety at the sudden movements, giggled at the older girl's antics.

"Pheli, let the girl breathe," Kai said dryly as he watched Alex pry the Slytherin Queen's arms away from the Princess. Mattheo and Abraxus pulled Chrys back to safety.

Mattheo slung his arms over Chrys's shoulders and propped his chin on her head as he glared at the Slytherin Queen. The older girl wasn't at all intimidated, in fact, she was gushing over how adorable the two looked together.

Abraxus watched the scene with Alex and Kai.

"I bet you five galleons that Slytherin doesn't confess until their third year." Alex mused.

"I bet you ten he'll do it in our fifth year." Abraxus countered.

"I bet twenty that Chrys confesses," Kai added.

The three exchanged looks, then shook each other's hands, "Deal."

"You're betting on the relationships of eleven-year-olds?" Marcus Flint deadpanned, "Also, Slytherin and Chrys are leaving without you Malfoy."

Abraxus let out a rather undignified squeak of surprise before darting after his friends. "Mattheo, Chrys, wait!"

Marcus and the other Slytherin Royals watched in a mix of exasperation and amusement. Ophelia sighed dejectedly before looking at the boys, "I agree with Kai." she hummed, smiling pleasantly as Marcus rolled his eyes. He walked away, muttering something that sounded suspiciously like 'weirdos' under his breath.

Meanwhile, Abraxus finally caught up to Mattheo and Chrys.

"Mattie, why are you so mean to me? Leaving me behind like that!?" he exclaimed dramatically, "You're supposed to be my best friend!"

Chrys giggled at the blond as Matteo shoved him through the portrait leading to Severus' personal quarters. "You were too busy talking nonsense." the brunet said flatly, his annoyed glare told Abraxus that he knew exactly what he'd been talking to Alex and Kai about. Abraxus yelped and hid behind his godfather as Mattheo helped the small ginger through the portrait.

Chrys had just stepped into the foyer when a small blur threw itself at her. She stumbled back but was quickly steadied by Mattheo. The ginger couldn't help but grin as she looked down to find her baby brother's emerald eyes peering back up at her. She wound her arms around him tightly and nuzzled his ebony curls.

"I missed you so much, Hades," she murmured.

"Missed you too, Chrysi," Harry mumbled.

After a moment or two, Chrys pulled back until they were at arm's length. Her smile widened as she noticed how much more healthy Harry looked. He no longer looked pale and gaunt and his clothes didn't hang off his tiny frame. He had a healthy weight and his natural tan held a warm, healthy hue and his ebony curls were now reaching his chin. His hair reminded her of the very man they were hoping to bring home. He was dressed in a white button-down with black slacks and a green jumper. It was amazing how much of a difference three balanced meals a day and proper clothes made.

"Are we all ready?" Narcissa asked softly, drawing Chrys from her thoughts.

"Yes, Mum/Aunt Cissy." the four children chorused.

The Malfoy Matriarch smiled and nodded, "Alright, Lucius, Draco, Remus, and Elias will be meeting us at the ministry. I'll take Harry and Chrys with me. Mattheo, Abraxus, you'll go with Severus."

After receiving a few nods, Narcissa led the Potters to the fireplace. As it expanded to fit the three of them, the door to Severus' quarters flew open. Startled, everyone turned to see Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall in the doorframe. McGonagall looked exasperated while Dumbledore appeared angry. Instinctively, Chrys hid Harry behind her. Narcissa moved in front of the two, shielding them from the old man's furious gaze.

"Severus, what is the meaning of this? Allowing three first years to leave school grounds without an explanation or my permission?" he exclaimed, his usual twinkle vacant from his steel blue eyes.

Severus nudged Mattheo and Abraxus behind him as he calmly faced the Headmaster.

"Albus!" McGonagall reprimanded, "You are scaring the children for one, and two, you were away at an IWC meeting when Severus requested this visit off campus. I signed off on it, and so did you the night you returned three weeks ago!"

Dumbledore looked to his Deputy headmistress startled, "What?"

"If you would have let me explain instead of storming off to scare our students, I would've explained the situation to you since you obviously didn't read the forum before signing off on it!" the Transfiguration Professor snapped, her Scottish accent thicker than usual. She grasped Dumbledore's ear harshly and began dragging him from the room, "I swear! You don't think at all sometimes! Severus, take the children out for ice cream after the trial, it'll be on Albus!" she called before shutting the door behind them.

Narcissa and Severus stared at the door, utterly dumbfounded. The latter sighed heavily, "I don't get paid enough for this."

The former chuckled, "You couldn't pay me an Auror's wage to deal with that old fool."

She turned to Chrys and Harry, who looked shaken up. She smiled sadly as she gently patted their heads, "Let's go, little ones. We don't want to be late." she urged gently. Chrys and Harry nodded, letting the older witch guide them into the fireplace. She threw down a pinch of shimmery powder and called out, "Ministry of Magic."

In a brilliant flash, emerald flames erupted at their feet and swallowed them up. Chrys and Harry clung to Narcissa as the world around them spun violently. The trip couldn't have been longer than a few seconds, but to the Potter siblings, it felt like hours before they were practically thrown from the fireplace.

Chrys was honestly too dizzy to notice Remus gently pick her up and move her from the floo as it once again roared to life. He chuckled softly as she slowly regained composure.

"You'll get used to the floo sooner or later."

She groaned, burying her face in his shoulder, "I doubt it."

Remus simply smiled as he rubbed her back. She was just like her mother.