Snowy Escape (Part 1)

***This short story is kind of a rough draft/teaser of a story I'm currently working on. So, some information might change or be different in the renewed version. But, I hope you enjoy and check out the book when I start to release chapters. Thank youuuu! :)***

4:00am
December 29th

"Hey, you guys ready to go yet? I'd like to be there before it gets dark!" Xavier yelled from the front door.

"Okay, relax, it's four am and we'd all like to actually wake up first," Amanda scolded her boyfriend.

"I'm almost ready, I just need to change," Brian peeked around the wall from on top of the staircase.

Xavier scoffs in defeat and walks over to the couch to sit down and wait for everyone. Amanda takes a seat next to him and starts lacing up her snow boots.

"I know you wanted to leave by four, but with all six of us, I just don't think that was possible," Amanda looks at Xavier with an apologetic look on her face.

Xavier wipes his face with his hands as if he's wiping off his frustration, "Yeah, you're probably right, I just thought they'd all have a little more common sense knowing it's a twelve hour drive to the mountain."

Amanda just shrugs as she finishes tying up her boots, "You can't win them all."

After a few moments of sitting and waiting, the rest of the group comes tumbling down the stairs. Arms full from holding their bags, snowboarding and skiing gear.

"We're ready!" Maria smiles wide with excitement.

Amanda and Xavier stand up from the couch and make their way, with the group, outside to the truck. Luckily, the truck has 6 seats, so it was able to fit everybody and all of their belongings. Xavier was in the drivers seat and Amanda squeezed into the middle seat in the front with Maria next to her in the passenger seat. In the back, Brian, Steven and Reece were crammed, their shoulders and legs touching and Steven groaned in annoyance.

"I need to fill up the truck with gas, so that's your chance to grab last minute snacks," Xavier looked at his 3 friends through the rear view as he adjusted it.

"Copy that," Brian smiled and gave a thumbs up.

"Yes! Snacks!" Reece cheered.

"I'll definitely be grabbing a tall boy, I'm going to need it," Steven began rubbing his temples.

With that, the truck's engine revved and they were on their way to the nearest gas station before their long journey.

A few hours had passed, maybe about 5, and all the boys in the back had already fallen asleep in the back. Their bodies limp and moving with all the bumps and turns in the road. The girls in the front were just chatting away as Xavier stared at the road, bored.

Amanda looks back at the boys to make sure they're asleep and then leans over to Maria, "Have you told Reece how you feel yet?"

Maria's eyes widened and she checked on the boys as well and spoke back in a hushed tone, "Mandy, shush! No! Of course not, I'm too nervous that he doesn't feel the same way."

Xavier let's out a sudden chuckle, "Please Maria, that guy is definitely head over heels. Do you not see the hearts in his eyes when he looks at you?"

"Honey, you're going on this trip not knowing how to ski or snowboard just to be near him. You've got to tell him," Amanda raises and eyebrow and smiles.

Maria groans, "Fine, on New Year's I'll make my move. That'll give me time to plan it out."

Amanda and Xavier both laugh causing the guys in the back to wake up.