Chapter 2

I woke up at eight in the morning.  I woke up to the little girl, soon to be my little girl, sitting on my stomach and playing with my hair.

"Hey princess," I said pecking her forehead.  She giggled and sleepily mumbled.

"What's that?" I asked, not hearing her.

  "Hi," she whispered nuzzling her head into my shoulder.  So she can talk, she must have just been exhausted last night.

 "How about we give you a bath stinky?" I asked tickling her.  She nodded her head as she laughed. "Hey Max, will you go to the closest store and pick up some diapers and an outfit?  I'm giving stinky here a bath".

  "Sure, be back soon," He said leaving the bus.  He's going to look silly buying baby stuff at the store, I laughed to myself.I walked into the bus bathroom and set the baby on the ground, she really needs a name.  I shut the bathroom door behind me and turned on the bath water, testing the water before I put her in.  I took off her onesie and peeled of her disgusting diaper as well, throwing it in the trash can.  She looked relieved to have it off.  I put her in the tub and let her play around with some bubbles and a cup.

  "Hey princess?" I asked.  She looked up at me with her big, blue eyes that held a questioning look.  "Can you tell me your name?" I asked her.

 "No hawve," she babbled in baby talk.

 "You don't have a name?" I asked looking confused.  She shook her head.  Well, I guess that I will have to come up with a name for her.  While thinking of baby names I rubbed some shampoo into her long, messy blonde hair.  While I rinsed the shampoo out, I had to take her cup to do so, she sat contently and looked up at the ceiling.  After the little miss was all clean I lifted her out of the tub and wrapped her in my towel that was hanging from the door.

  "Demi! I'm back," I heard Max yell as the bus door slammed shut.

 "Perfect timing!" I yelled back as I lifted the baby and walked into the main room of the bus.

 "She looks much better when she is cleaned up," Max laughed handing me a target bag.

  "Thanks Max, I appreciate it," I said while opening the bag.  The outfit Max picked out was so cute!  He grabbed a yellow short sleeve dress with ruffles at the bottom and a bow on the shoulder and a pair of white leggings.  He also picked up a pair of white socks with lace ruffles at the top and a pair of yellow flats with tiny bows on the straps.  There was also a white pacifier with a yellow duck on it, a pack of diapers, and a clear bottle with a pink lid.

  "No problem, I thought you would like it.  I also figured she would like a pacifier and a bottle," he said sitting on the couch.  He turned on the television and started watching it as I dressed the baby and stuck the pacifier in her mouth.  As soon as I picked her up there was a knocking on the door.  I nervously looked at Max.

  "What if they take her away?" I asked biting my nails.

 "It'll be fine Demi, just relax".

 "Right," I said standing up straight.  I walked over to the door and opened it to find a female social worker impatiently waiting. I invited her in, and with that I blurted out my question. I asked nervously, yet confident at the same time.

"Can I adopt her?"