Chapter 4

Once we got home we went upstairs to find Max.  We found him in Aria's new room trying to put her crib together.   

  "Shit!" he yelled as he pinched his finger in the bars.  Aria cringed.    "Max!" I yelled covering Aria's ears.    

 "Sorry, Demi.  I didn't know you were home.  I was just trying to put things together.  I already have the dresser, changing table, and toy box set up, the crib is the only thing left," he said noticing the bags in my hands.  His eyes got wide.    

 "What?" I asked sheepishly.    

 "Is that more stuff I have to put together?" he sighed.    

 "No, these are all of Aria's clothes and shoes," I said walking towards the closet.    

 "Oh, good," he mumbled returning his attention to the crib in front of him.   

  "C'mon Aria, I am going to put your shoes and clothes away.  Can you put your toys in the toy box?" I asked handing her a bag.  She took the bag and drug it over to the toy chest in the corner of her baby pink room.    

 After Aria's room was finished and all of her stuff was put away I decided to join Max downstairs.  He and Aria went down a few moments ago to start dinner.  Max didn't have to stay but I think he wanted to make sure my first night home with Aria went well.  As Max made taco salad for us, and macaroni and cheese for Aria, I put away all the kitchen stuff I bought for her.  I had bought tons of bottles, sippy cups, plastic plates, plastic silverware, etc.  I put them all in the cupboard as Max placed our dinner on the table.  I grabbed Aria a pink plastic plate and put some macaroni on it and filled a sippy cup with water.  I sat her in the chair beside me and gave her the food and a little baby plastic fork as well.    

 "What this?" Aria asked poking her macaroni with a fork.    

 "It's macaroni and cheese baby, I think you'll like it," I said taking a bite to prove it was good.  She looked at me with a leery expression and decided to take a bite.  After she tried it she fell in love and started making a mess while eating it.    

 "I told you it was good," I said taking a napkin to her chin.  She nodded her head and took a drink of her water.  After taking a drink she made a face.    

 "What sweet-pea?" I asked curiously.    

 "Yucky," she said sitting her cup down beside me.  I laughed.    

 "How is it yucky? It's water," I questioned.  She shrugged her shoulders.  "Do you want some juice?" I asked grabbing her cup and walking to the fridge.  She shook her head.    

 "Milky," she said taking another bite of macaroni.  I dumped the water out of her cup and filled it with some apple juice.  I handed her the juice and sat back down to finish my meal.  Max was just enjoying watching us as he ate his taco salad.  After dinner he decided he was going to go home and leave us for the night.

*****

   "Hey Aria," I said calling in her bedroom.  She had gone in there after dinner to play with her new toys.  When I called her name she poked her head out.  "Let's give you a bath and get you ready for bed, okay?" I said walking to her closet to get some pajamas.    

 "Minnie?" she asked shyly.    

 "Sure princess," I said picking her up so she could grab the hanger of pajamas.  I laid the pajamas on her changing table along with a fresh diaper and grabbed a baby towel.  I had bought those little baby towels that were super soft and had little hoods to put over the child's head.  I grabbed a pink butterfly one with a matching washcloth and headed to my bathroom.    

 When we got in the bathroom I started the water and made sure it was the right temperature for a two year old.  The social worker had gotten back with us and told me that she was two years old.  Her birthday was coming up in four months, July.  After I put some bath toys in the tub I undressed Aria from her dress and leggings.  I peeled her diaper off and tossed it in the trash.  She took a big yawn as I put her in the tub.    

 "Are you tired sweetie?" I asked looking at my phone.  It was eight-thirty, past the bedtime I decided on setting for her.  I decided on eight at night but since it was her first day, and we had a long one, I guess it's okay.  Aria started nodding off as I washed her silky, long hair.  "Stay awake a little longer baby," I said tapping her shoulder.  She slowly nodded as she tried to hold her eyes open with her little fingers.  I hurried and rinsed her hair so we could go to bed.    

 I took Aria out of the tub and wrapped her in her pink towel.  I towel dried her hair with the hood and picked her up.  When I did so she laid on my shoulder.  I slowly rubbed circles on her back.    

 "A little longer princess," I said walking in to her room.  I laid her down on the changing table and opened up her towel.  I finished drying her off and stuck her diaper on.  I grabbed her under her armpits and stood her up on the table.  I slipped her bottoms on as she held onto my shoulders and then set her on it so I could slip her top on.  After she was dressed and her hair was brushed I picked her up and carried her to her crib.    

 "Goodnight Aria," I said giving her a kiss on the forehead as I laid her down.    

 "Night night," she whispered as her eyes closed and her thumb went in her mouth.  I didn't want her to get in the habit of sucking her thumb so I grabbed a pacifier from her dresser and stuck it in her mouth, removing her thumb first.  I walked out of her room leaving the door cracked open a bit and into mine across the hall.  I decided that I would shower in the morning and I slipped on my pajamas.  I crawled in the bed and fell asleep fast, into a deep and peaceful sleep.

(A.N) Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying this book.  I am having a lot of fun writing it as you may be able to tell since I have uploaded four chapters over 1,000 words each in two days.  I really hope you guys are liking it.  Please comment your opinions.  Comments let me know what you guys think and they honestly just make my day.

Thank you!!!

~Christen