Headphones x Depressed!Reader

A/N: I haven't read the new manga for Splatoon 3 yet, so I'm going to keep this in the old manga from Splatoon 2!
-- Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE --

..I wonder what is going on in Inkopolis today.. or this week.
..or this month.
It's been a bit of a while since I left my apartment. I know.. It's just.. pathetic of me. Why do I stay in here all day?.. Just.. rotting away? I need to do something.. I haven't done a turf war in nearly a month.
..This is tiring.
-------------------------
I wake up to the sound of my squidphone buzzing on the small crate I have been using as a table right next to me. Why is someone even calling me? I haven't gotten a call in a while.. Might as well see who it is.

I slowly crawl to the other side of the bed and pick up the phone. Once my vision cleared, I can see who it was. Headphones?! I only met her team like, once, and after that she just wanted to hang out with me! I really don't see why..

I accepted the call.

"Hello?! (Y/N)?! Are you ok?!" I could hear from the other end.. It sounded like she was incredibly worried. I replied, "Um.. Yes? Kinda? Just pretty sad. Why are you asking?"
I could hear Headphones sigh in relief through the phone, then say in return, "I haven't seen you in over a week now.. It's just.. you're never like this.. and you're never sad like this either! We've all been worried about you!"
I was confused. "But.. Didn't your team only see me once before?" "Yes, but.. They're just really worried about, well, everyone." She answered. Well, I guess that.. kinda made sense?
I was thinking over the line a bit while there was silence. Why did she care about me? We don't know eachother that much..

While I was thinking, it seemed like Headphones was thinking too. "Hey.. do you mind if I come over? Just.. to see if you're ok?" ..My heart sank at the thought of that. What if she saw how much of a loser I was?! For staying in my dumb, hot, sweaty apartment for a whole MONTH?! She'd think I was gross! But.. part of me couldn't say no. I knew I needed help.. And this was my best opportunity to get it.

"Yes.. Please.." I said, nearly breaking down in tears. Apparently, she could tell. "Alright, I'll be there in a few. Just.. hold on tight, ok?"
Hearing that someone was coming over, that just gave me a giant boost of energy. I ran out of my bedroom and went around attempting to clean the rest of the apartment while she was on her way. I made pretty decent progress when she arrived. I was.. proud of myself.

I heard a knock on the door. Is that her? That has to be her! I excitedly open the door, not realizing how much of a mess I look. ratty clothes, intense eyebags.. I'm a mess.

Headphones didn't care. She went straight in for a hug to me.. "(Y/N)!! I'm so happy to see you! It's been a while!" She said, nearly squeezing my breath out of my lungs in her hug.. She never does that. But, I wasn't worried about that right now.. I hugged her right back, accidentally letting out a few tears.

I break my hug with Headphones and let her in to my apartment. "I'm so glad to see someone again.. That week felt like a whole year.." I said, wiping my tears. "I understand.. But.. if you don't mind me asking.. Why weren't you going anywhere? What's wrong?"

I would have thought she was disgusted of me, or something, but.. She looked incredibly worried. Like, a look of worry one wouldn't be able to fake, no matter how hard they try. I decided to tell her.

"I've been having a.. hard time lately.. With attempting to leave the apartment all the way to trying to leave my bed.. I'm just.. not sure why.." I looked down, attempting not to cry again. She probably thinks I'm just.. lazy.

"Hey.. It's ok.."

I looked back up to see Headphones putting her hand on my shoulder, staring right in my eyes.
"That's what friends are here for. To take care of eachother.. I'm so glad you let me come over.." Headphones told me.

I simply just broke down crying.
Not a sad cry, nor an angry cry..
A joyful cry. A cry knowing that I'm around someone I trust.

Headphones just wrapped her arms around me again for another hug, and I accepted it. "Everything's gonna be alright, ok?" Headphones told me, in a light tone. I nodded.

Once I eventually stopped crying, I decided to ask her something.. that might have been risky.

"Why do you.. care about me?"

Headphones looked at me in silence, a bit awkwardly. A light rose tint appeared on her cheeks.
"I.. um.. This might.. Be a bit embarrassing." Headphones started. "I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate time to be talking about this, either."
"Headphones.. You can tell me.. please. I would like to know.." I reassured her.
"Right.. Well.. (Y/N).. I.. Like you. LIKE like you. I never knew when the right time to tell you was, and once I realized something was wrong with you I was starting to think I was too late.. You're just.. a great person.. You deserve much more than what life is giving you right now.. And I hope you know that." She smiled nervously.
There was a bit of silence.. and after a few seconds, I decided to break it with the truth.
"I know that I only met you a few months ago, but.. I really like you too. you're.. probably the most tame out of the rest of your team. Not only that, but you're so funny, and smart, and pretty.. I even.. Inspire to be like you!" I smiled back at her, watching her face light up.

"Oh, I'm so glad you feel the same! Phew.. That really lifted a weight on my shoulders.." She said, giggling. I laughed back at her. "You coming over here lifted a weight off my shoulders too! I suppose we kinda both just needed this.."
"Yeah..." Headphones said, looking away shyly. "Hey.. Wanna go do a turf war later? I heard they're bringing back Mako Mart this time!" I asked, my face finally lighting up again. "Sure, that sounds amazing! I'll see you then!" Headphones replied, getting up and walking to the door.

"Oh.. And by the way.." I started, as Headphones turned around to look at me.
I kissed her on the cheek. "I love you!"

Her face went a pink-rose color, and she smiled a bit. She said quietly, "..Love you too." She waved as she walked down the stairs outside of the apartment.

I can't believe it. My day went from the worst day ever to the best day ever!

Oh, and that turf war? We won. I got a lot better at my (Favorite Weapon)!
-------------------------------------------
end :)

I hope u guys enjoyed!!
Word count: 1207 words (oml)