Love, Kook || 07

aera: 07
jungkook: 17
jimin: 24

____

"koo, what's that?" aera peeks over jungkook's shoulder, still giggling from the previous laughing session when jungkook, the tickle monster, tackled her down and attacked her ticklish spots.

getting no response from the tickle monster, aera assumes he left and it's just her brother now, means play time might be over. although she stands up behind him, placing her hand on his shoulder and one of his head, trying to climb forward on his lap, to have a look at whatever paper had caught his attention. jungkook hisses in annoyance, shrugging aera off and stands up, gulping down the dryness of mouth along with the saliva. though nothing works for he feels himself being short on breath, as if someone had suddenly got a tight grip around his throat, squeezing the wind pipe with no mercy.

"hyung..." his voice whispers, glancing down at the papers in his hand, going through the words again and again until he can't make out the distincts at all. the lower lip caught in an unconscious tug of his teeth, nibbling so tight without even knowing that it makes the skin bleed for his tongue to catch the taste of ferrous.

"koo, what happened?" aera tugs on the sleeve of his hoodie and he ignores her quietly, shaking his head.

he rubs the tears from his eyes, folding the stapled papers and shoves them in the pocket of his pants, turning around hastily as a pair footsteps become evident from the front door. jungkook wipes his sweaty palms on the fabric of his pants, patting aera's head and smiles at her, "go and pick out a movie. we're gonna watch it later,"

aera smiles at the idea, nodding her head as she happily climbs up the stairs to jungkook's room probably. jungkook turns on his heels, seeing the eldest smiling at him as he enters the room, "hey, kook, you're home early from school today?" jin smiles at the boy, taking off his white coat and hands it to one of the staff lady, picking up a glass of water in his free hand.

"yeah," jungkook nods, "i didn't have any classes after lunch. where's uh, where's jimin hyung?"

"he's in the office, namjoon and yoongi are with him as well. they got a last minute meeting with a party," jin informs, sitting on the couch and nods for the younger to join him too. jungkook gulps uncomfortably, sitting on the edge of the couch and faces jin, eyes looking scared and seeking for relief.

the look doesn't go unnoticed by the elder for he pats the boy's shoulder, asking what's wrong and jungkook feels his throat tightening again. tears return in his eyes, brain going numb at the question for he doesn't know if he should be mad at jin or actually cry for help from him. he's a doctor after all, he'd know better than to hide this kind of stuff, but then again, he did hide all this and pretended like eveything was fine. like nothing was wrong, and like jimin wasn't dying every minute.

"kook, what's wrong, buddy? you good there?" jin voices out again, pulling the boy out of his trance but he still keeps mum, staring at jin even when a tear drops from his left eye. "hey, why are you crying, kid? are you hurting anywhere?" jin frowns in worry, turning his body to completely face the younger.

jungkook shakes his head, leaning forward to hug jin tightly, "hyung..." he whimpers, failing to control his tears and breaks into a sob, lowering his face in jin's shoulder.

the elder never says anything, rubbing jungkook's back to ease him a little and hopes he would calm down to tell him what made him look so distressed. jungkook, on the other hand, refuses to calm down for all his brain can think of is only his brother. jimin's dull face, less active lifestyle, frequent body aches, painful coughs that he always claimed were only because he was tired, was all making sense to jungkook now.