Chapter 2

I blink slowly and wake up still sprawled across on my bedroom carpet. Sunlight peeking through the windows glares into my eyes. I roll over and notice how my entire back and neck are sore from sleeping in such an odd position. I put on my uniform, brush my teeth, and go to school without breakfast. My stomach feels like I ate brittle shards of glass for dinner.

At lunch, I shelve books in the school library with shaky arms. "TOUYA!" a loud voice shouts. "Shhh! Some people are trying to study for midterms right now!" scolded the librarian. "I apologize!" Tsukasa-senpai says in only a slightly lower voice. The librarian gives him a dirty look before going to help a student find a novel.
"Hello, Tsukasa-senpai," "Greetings, friend!" "What beings you here today?" "Rui asked me to study with him." "I see." "Can you help me find the Advanced Algebra and Calculus Guide for Dummies?" "Sure." As I weave through the books senpai says, "You look tired today, Aoyagi. Did you sleep well last night?"
"No." I answered. He puts a hand on my shoulder. "Don't stress too much about midterms, okay? You always get good grades, so you don't have to study as hard as I do. Try to sleep well." The school bell chimes. Caught off guard, I hand him his book and murmur a quick "thanks" before heading off the class.
Climbing up the stairs, I start to feel dizzy again; the sharp pieces of glass in my stomach seem to press against me. My books tumble down the steps. Another round of coughing begins, staining my uniform with blood. Keeling over, I grip the railing and wait until the pain subsides before picking up my textbooks. Before class, I head to my locker to chuck off my blood-stained blazer.

Later, I go to Shibuya Park for practice. Akito sits on a bench with his back to me. There's no way he loves me enough to save me. I plop down beside him and exhale. He looks at me and a wave of concern flashes across his face. "Touya, you look a bit green. Are you okay?" I look away. "I'm fine." "Are you sure? I think you should skip practice today to go home and rest." "I'm okay, really." An and Kohane arrive, and we go through the set list for our next event. I almost get through it all.
Near the end of our last song, my throat closes off and I cough blood and petals everywhere. I almost collapse again before Akito catches me. "Touya! I told you to go home and rest!" "Touya, are you okay?" ask An and Kohane.

"I'm so sorry, Touya. This is all my fault." whispers Akito.
The last thing I see are Akito's olive green eyes before I black out.