Morning Calls

Toya yawned, stretching out on his bed. He was excited for the school day ahead, as he had a music exam. He, obviously, loved music. He knew it was going to be easy, but he still felt happy. Suddenly, his phone rang. He grabbed it and answered, still half asleep.

" Hello..? "

" Hey. " Akito mumbled down the phone. Toya thought he sounded quite nasally.

" Are you okay? "

" I'm fine, Toya. I'm jus- " He coughed loudly down the line. He had a whopping cough. " I'm sick, okay? I'm not going into school. "

" Oh! Do you want me to come over? "

" ..yes please. " He asked, awkwardly.

" Of course! I'll be there soon, okay? Just lie down for now. Have a small nap, perhaps. "

" Mhm.. okay. See you soon, Toya. I missed you anyway. "

Toya hung up and put his phone on his bedside desk. He grabbed two shirts and put one on. He put his trousers on, took his phone and the other shirt and walked to Akito's house.

He knocked on the door, struggling to hold his phone for some reason. He shoved it into his pocket and stood there, waiting. Ena opened the door and stared at Toya for a while, confused.

" What are you doing here..? " She finally asked.

" I'm here to look after Akito. He said he wanted me. "

" Oh. Okay. He's upstairs right now, probably asleep. Mum will tell you where stuff is. Have fun, I guess. " She pushed pass Toya and walked to school. He went inside and shut the door behind him.

" Hello ma'am! " He bowed politely.

" Hi darling! Are you here for Akito? " Toya nodded happily. " Okay! I'll give you some stuff to give him.. because he isn't letting me into his room. " She huffed sarcastically and laughed. Toya followed her as she grabbed some hot water bottles and other things. She passed them all to Toya.

" It's quite a lot, I know. If you need help carrying it I can help. "

" No, it's okay! I can do it. " He smiled as he climbed up the stairs and knocked on Akito's door with his foot.

" Who is it..? " His voice croaked from the other side of the door.

" It's Toya! Is it okay if you got up and opened the door? I have quite a lot on me. " Akito's bed creaked as he got up and opened the door. His eyes widened in suprise but let Toya in. He placed everything on the bed and picked up one of the hot water bottles, placing the others on the floor.

" Lie back down, Akito. " He commanded as he grabbed hold of the other items he had brung. He did as he was told and lay down on his bed, coughing his guts out. Toya placed his hand on Akito's forehead carefully.

" I got some sort of fever, I think. "

" Yeah. You're quite hot Akito. "

" Why thank you! " He joked, but sneezed promptly after. Toya sighed at the terrible joke.

" Seriously, Akito. "

" Okay okay.. sorry. "

" Also, I got a warm shirt of mine for you. " Toya patted his head and stood up to grab the shirt he brung. It was a cozy shirt, not like a shirt you would wear outside. He passed it to Akito as he sat up and swapped it for the shirt he was already wearing.

" This shirt feels nice. Maybe because it's yours, I'm not sure though. " He shrugged as he lay back down once again.

" I'm just gonna fill this real quick, I won't be long. " Toya exited the room and left Akito by himself. He rolled onto his side and grabbed his phone, scrolling through it for a bit. Toya came back and snatched his phone from his hand, turning whatever he was doing off and placed it on the table.

" Can't be doing that whilst your ill, can you? "

" Ughhh... You're so boring " Toya passed him the hot water bottle, but Akito didn't bother to take it. Toya pulled the cover off Akito, rolled his shirt up and placed it on his tummy. He rolled Akito's shirt down and patted his head again. Akito blushed heavily, but still kept his eyes closed.

" Hm. Do you want cuddles? " Toya asked in a baby-like voice. Akito opened his eyes and stared at him disapprovingly.

" Yea... I do. " He replied, refusing to look at him because of how embarrassed he was.

" Okay! " Toya replied. He walked to the other side of the bed and laid down next to him. Akito, holding onto his hot water bottle, rolled over and snuggled into him. Toya placed his arm around his shoulder and rested his head on top of his. Akito put his hand on Toya's chest affectionately, still coughing once in a while.

" If you need anything to drink, please tell me. " He played with Akito's hair lovingly.

" Urgh. " He grumbled as he had to sit up.

" Are you okay? " He sat beside him as Akito grabbed the bucket he brang upstairs and placed it in front of him. Toya rubbed his back with one hand. He vomited loudly into the bucket, sobbing quietly. Akito was afraid of a lot of things, and vomit was one of them.

" Awe.. Akito.. are you done? " Akito coughed out the last few chunks and placed the bucket back on the floor.

" Stay there, Akito. Have a drink, I'll just drain this, okay? " Akito nodded, cheeks still wet with crying. He grabbed a bottle of water and drank it all. Toya got up, picked up the bucket of sick and ran downstairs to get rid of it.

" Uhm, ma'am? Where do you usually drain vomit to? " She turned around instantly and stared in suprise.

" Oh! Oh dear. Let me take that off you.. please look after him.. you know he has Emetophobia. "

" I'm aware. Thank you. " He nodded in thanks and ran back upstairs into Akito's room, where he found him crying into his hands.

" Akito..? " He asked, wearily. He sat in front of him and pulled his hands away from his face, holding them.

" Hey hey.. calm down. "

" I can still.. s-smell it.. " He whimpered softly.

" It's going to be okay Akito, alright?

" Mhmm.. " Toya kissed Akito's head delicately, making sure he knew he was there for him. He wiped the tears from Akito's eyes and pulled him into a hug. Akito hugged him back, still slightly crying into his shoulder.

" I can taste it in my mouth still...! " He cried louder into his shoulder remembering the taste.

" That's okay. "

" It's not okay-! " He looked up at Toya sadly, wiping his tears away.

" Hm. You don't seem like the type of person to have a fear of vomit, but I guess you do. " He chuckled lightly as he held Akito's face in his hands.

" I guess you could say that. " He covered his mouth as he coughed noisily.

" Did you want a nap? "

" Mhm. Yeah, it would probably be for the best. " Akito lay down and Toya lay next to him. He snuggled into him once again and they fell into a wonderful, deep sleep.