*Crunch*

[Readers point of view]

"MARLEY!" Leeland Screached.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Pwaying wif the dog" Marley questioned.

Leeland pulls Marley close to him and squeezes him tight. Marley slightly groans in annoyance

"You can't hit spots with a stick" Leeland whispers. 

Spots is the dog they had gotten since Marley could speak. Leeland didn't like the name but thats all Marley could see in a black spotted dalmation. Spots had often been very energetic, the reason why Marley couldn't notice him barking as a sign of agression. He was three after all. And a big pain in the ass.

Leeland walked him back to the house and tidied him up. Marley thanked him with a smile.

 They had been outside for a few hours jumping in the leaves. Most of them were wet, though Marley insisted on going out.

"Dinner!" Mother shouted with a grin. 

The air in the kitchen was surrounded with a fragrance of sweet potatoes and chicken. Leeland didnt like the thought of soggy potatoes. He wasn't really a fan of anything really.

"Ok" Leeland responded reluctancly.

Marley followed behind, pushing his butt up the stairs as Leeland swatted his hand away.

Mother places Marley on top of his high stool and shoves a big bite of chicken in his mouth. Marley swallowed it easily. Mother (Stacey) was surprised by this, he barely ate. Mostly throwing his food in her face. 

"He likes it? HE LIKES IT!" Stacey yelled joyfully.

Leeland proceeds to clap irritatedly. He had a headache. Afterall he had been outside and the feeling of hot air made his head want to collapse. He stumbled up the stairs to look at himself in the mirror. He often picks at his face, red bumps surrounded his forhead. Then he scratches them wincing in pain.

"Mooom, do we have any pimple patches?" Leeland cried.

"Im scared not. Ill look in the drawers." Mom replied. 

"Thanks..."

Stacey interupted him with a slight angered tone due to Marley whining. 

"We have one left."

Leeland groaned then walked down to the kitchen and applied them to his forhead, using the reflection of a window as a mirror.

Stacey tended to Marley's needs, needing more chicken, wanting a glass of milk, and lastly a firm hug.

[Leeland's point of view]

I approach the red bus stop sign and smack it. Bird poop flings of the sign and I laugh. I turn around an notice it hit Spots.

"SPOTS! Why are you over here? Shouldn't you be inside with mom?" I shout. Spots lifts one ear and lowers the other as I sigh in disapointment.

"Im sorry." I say feeling rude. I scratch his chin and walk him back to the house. He stops me midway to pee on the lawn then shakes his leg and runs to Marley. I walk back to the bus stop hitting the sign again.

"Forgot your lunch again I see!" Mom giggled. I run back to the house with a feeling of deja vu and grab my lunch panting.

♡ ♡ ♡

I plummet to seat 23 just barely missing my bus, bus 1. I take a few seconds to breath as Daksh jumpscared me from behind.

"Did you miss me?" He laughed.

"Yeah" I responded. He could tell my day didn't start off great. He was good at that kind of stuff.

"Whats up buttercup" He said, trying to cheer me up.

He handed me a bag of 5-stars, his favorite Indian Candy and poked me on the cheek. I slump back into my seat and open my phone and notice a message from Avani. My other best friend aside from Daksh.

Avani ♡ : How did you sleep?

You : Decent, my day didn't start off great. Daksh obviously noticed that.

Avani ♡ : 🤣 Thats him for you.

You : Love you 💙

[Readers point of view]

Blue is Avani's favorite color. He knows this. He really enjoys her prescence, though sadly he only sees her during lunch and art class. Last period.

Leeland opens up his agenda and finds a schedule on a slightly yellow tinted peice of paper. With closed eyes he crosses his fingers and thinks hard.

COLUMBIA LOCAL SCHOOLS DAILY SCHEDULE

Name : Leeland Avery Zeiger - Date : Oct 27, 2022

1. Concert band - Kendall Asher

2. Science - Casandra Allison

3. Mathematics - Beth Smith

4.Study hall 1

5. Lunch - Free period

6. Study hall 2

7. American History - Gabe Stutton

8. English Language Arts - Sam Luther

9. 3D Art - Jordan Stutton

He moaned in dissatisfation. He applied for a change and it didn't get accepted. He texted Avani that nothing happened to his schedule and put away his phone. Goodbye future happiness he thought.