Confusion Diffusion

[Reader's point of view]

Father comes home and is greeted by my Mother, they share a kiss and get ready for dinner. Leeland turns on his phone after pondering, staring at himself in a mirror. He opens Instagram and sees another notification from the one and only Forest Squirrel.

[Leeland's point of view]

ForestSQ : Hey, I'm really sorry for what I've done to you, you didn't deserve that. Can we just, yk keep this a secret.

You : Yeah... I guess, what happened to bullying me.

ForestSQ : Well, it's a long story. I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house anyway, my parents aren't home. I'll explain everything.

You : Oh, okay. I'll see if im free.

You : I am free, if you dont mind picking me up that would be great. I don't go to others houses a lot.

ForestSQ : Oh, uh yeah. No problem.

I send him my address then set my phone down and my face lights up. 'Is this what it feels like to be loved?' I pull out a piece of paper and start writing down sentence starters. I'm not great at holding conversations. I'll leave that to him.

♡♡♡

A car pulls into my driveway, I brace myself and walk out the door.

I step into the car and he greets me with a kiss on the cheek before pulling out. I'm flushed with pink. His love feels so... twofaced. We arrive to his house and he sits me down on his bed.

"How did you know you were gay?" He said

I was flustered and didn't know how to respond.

"Oh, well I've always been aware of it." I said shakily.

"That doesn't help much." We both laugh. He scoots closer to me running a hand through my hair. I look down. He pushes my chin up to look at him. His lips meet mine. Our eyes both widen. We land softly on his bed and he grabs a remote and turns on his television.

"Pick what you want, what do you want to drink" He asks.

"I'll just take a water." I reply.

He smirks and quickly moves his head towards the downstairs. He walks down leaving me questioning my actions. 'Did he like it?' He walks back upstairs carrying two glasses. One filled with orange soda and the other filled with water, mine. He sets it next to the bedside table and scrolls down to netflix on the tv with a remote. He picks up a blanket and hands it to me. It's a collage blanket filled with pictures of him and Avani. Ranging from very young to now. I get comfortable and rest my head on his chest. I click a movie for us to watch. It's one of my favorite childhood movies. Coraline. He smiles at me then moves under the covers . I could hear his heart beating.

During the movie he moves closer to me at the "scary" parts. "I didn't know I was this much of a pussy" he laughed. I giggle in response and rub my eyes as I'm lulled by the beating of his heart. I drift away.

I'm awoken by a knock at the door and I hear Avani's voice. He yells something though I was too tired to decipher. He looked at me, gave me a kiss on the hand and walked out of the room. He entered a few minutes later.

"We better get you home." He whispered with dissapointment.

He makes sure Avani is in her room and drives me home. He leaves me at the end of my driveway receiving a hug and a kiss from me. He makes sure I reach my house and watches me enter. I hope he enjoyed the night. He pulls out and leaves.

I open my phone and notice his number is now in it. I change his name from Forest to "Pipsqueak". I open snapchat and look at Avani's story to see if she noticed anything or if she texted me. She didn't, all I saw was a picture of us posing on her story from lunch. I laugh and quiet myself. I lean into my pillow and start counting sheep.

♡♡♡

An hour later I receive a message from Avani.

Avani ♡ : Were you at my house? Your favorite hoodie is here. 😕