|2| MORNINGS ARE FOR EGOS AND EXPLORATION

Chapter 2 mornings are for eggos and exploration:El

The sun woke me up. I need to ask Joyce to get me curtains. I checked the clock, it read 7 2 3. I walked downstairs, I saw my dad and Joyce unpacking the dining room.

I think I must have one of the most confusing family trees ever. My biological mother is Teri Ives, who was used in a "sleep experiment", which turned out to be human mind experiments, while she was pregnant with me, but they gaslight (a new word I learned) her into thinking that I died. Then Papa took care of me. But Papa was bad, so Mike rescued me, then my dad adopted me, then my dad died, so Joyce kind of adopted me, and we moved to California with my kind of brothers Will and Jonathan (who is dating my boyfriend's sister), but then turns out my dad was not dead, and now my dad and Joyce are dating.

Anyways.

Life finally feels normal.

"Oh El!" Joyce said "Good morning honey! We just finished unpacking the kitchen, come see it, it looks so BEAUTIFUL!"

"Joyce is really excited about the kitchen" Dad whispered

I walked into the kitchen and it did look good. The cabinets were a dark coffee color and the countertops were reddish wood. Honestly it looked like it was straight out of one of Joyce's southern living magazines.

"How do you feel about triple decker eggo extravaganzas for breakfast?" Dad asked

"Of course" I replied

"Ill get to cooking- well you aren't really cooking eggos, eggoing? Tosting? I don't know, see if your brothers are up yet, I don't want them crying to me about how hungry they are," Dad added

"Sure thing!"

I walked up the stairs, floor 002 was Jonathan's floor, no one else had a room on floor 002 only Jonathan, so I call it Johnathan's floor. I knocked on his door.

"Come in" he shouted

"You are awake" I replied

"Great observation El," I think he was being sarcastic but I am not sure.

"Do you want breakfast?"

"No, me and Nance are meeting up for brunch at 10, I might get a snack later though"

"Okay" I said as I walked out of his room.

More stairs, so many stairs, at first I was unsure why Will would willingly go through such torture of so many stairs to have his room in an attic, but once I really took a good look at it I realized it was one of the most Will-like rooms I have ever seen.

I knocked.

No response.

I knocked.

No response.

I slowly opened the door to his room. I crepting only to see him peacefully sleeping in his bed, he looked so sweet just lying there, so at peace. But I went back down, I was hungry.

~~~~~~~Post Breakfast~~~~~~~~

I was outside, it was a pleasant warm temperature. There was so much land that we now owned, so I decided to go exploring. I walked past the trees, there was a small clearing with a path so I followed said path. The path was long; it took me about four minutes to get to the end of it. But at the end there was a meadow. Fields covered in grass and summer wildflowers stretched for what looked like miles. In the middle of the meadow was a single oak tree. I walked closer to the tree only to see that there was a small house in the tree. I wouldn't really call it a house actually, it was more a large plank of wood with a room off to the side of it. Will would love this, I have to show him.