|<4>| ~(D&D)~

Chapter 4 D&D: El

We were finally at Mike's house. I knocked on the door after five seconds Mike opened the door.

"You two are early" He said

"We need to talk, Mike" I said

"sh*t" he mumbled

"I'll put these in your garage," Will said pointing to our bikes

We walked to the basement in silence.

"We should just be friends"

"WHAT! YOUR JOKING! TELL ME YOUR JOKING!"

"I'LL TELL YOU I'M JOKING WHEN YOU ACTUALLY TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME, TO MY FACE! DO IT! SAY IT!"

"I- I, El come o-"

"SAY IT!"

"I, I, I, I can't"

"Why?"

"I, I, don't-"

"Love me."

"No I do, just I-"

"shhh, just I think we want different things in a relationship, and we need some space. Mike you are all I have ever known since the lab, but I want to know more. I am so so sorry, but I just need to be me. Please, I still want to be friends."

"Yeah friends"

He sounded so sad, I felt so bad. Me and Will had prepared what I wanted to say, and it sounded good. Me and Mike sat there for another five minutes until Will came, we were in tranced in silence, it would have been really awkward if everyone was so invested in their own thoughts. We all seemed to wake up when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Mike said as he got up.

It was Max, she looked much better than the last time I saw her. You see, she almost got killed by Henry but Lucas started singing running up that hill asap and shockingly that worked and she woke up, luckily only her arm snapped, but she was in the hospital for a good three months, she still had a neon pink cast with the all of our names signed on it. She saw me and ran to hug me.

"OH MY GOD, EL!!!!!"

"How are you?" I asked

"Better, I just wish I could get this goddamn cast off, it's sooooo inconvenient, how about you, how are you holding up, you excited to be back in Hawkins?"

"Yes I am, I am also very excited to be back. Hawkins just feels like home!"

"Did you hear, they just build a new mall, it opens in two weeks"

"Mall? But what about last time-"

"Most malls arnt built by Russians trying to reopen a gate to an alternate dimension, also remember how much fun we had? We should totally go when it opens!"

"Mabe"

Me and Max talked more as everyone started to arrive. We all got to our places. I know Will has been planning this campaign for so long and I can't wait to see him happy. I have noticed that Will is hardly ever truly happy. I think that he likes to make others happy, sometimes I think he needs to make himself happy.

Will started the campaign, I noticed no one but him were really into it. Mike had other things on his mind and I guess D&D was not what he really wanted to be doing after a break up. Ever since Eddie died Dustin has gone emo, he's just not the same, he only wears back and is only ever sad, so that brought the mood down. Lucas seemed to be enjoying it, but I don't think anyone was as close as we used to be. Me and Max always enjoyed D&D but it was never our favorite thing. So we kind of weren't paying attention.

I could tell that Will could tell that no one was really into it so he slowly went from excitedly acting everything out to monotony saying events. He cut the campaign short with an abrupt ending and quickly started to get his stuff to leave. I felt so bad, he had been looking forward to this for months We could all tell that he was crying he threw a box that he had in the back of his bike on the table and said through sobs:

"Here you go, I actually put a LOT effort in to this, so if you even care open the box,"

Then he ran to the garage. We all just stood there not knowing what to do, max broke the silence saying:

"Let's give him some space."

"Yeah, lets just open the box" said Lucas

We opened the box to see extremely detailed portraits of all of our D&D characters. We all looked at the paintings in shock.

"Well s***" said Dustin

"We really messed up" Max replied

"What are we going to do now?" Asked Mike

We all satin silence thinking for a couple of minutes.

"Will's favorite things!" Max exclaimed, "We should do a day filled with Will's favorite things! What are Will's favorite things?"

"DND!" Said Lucas

"That won't work, clearly" Max replied

"Christmas, comics, art," Mike Listed

"Progress!" Max exclaimed "Well, Its mid june so I don't know what we are gonna do with christmas, but we could all make comics or something,"

"THE ARCADE!!!!!" Dustin shouted

"PERFECT" Said Max

We all agreed that we would come up with more ideas overnight and meet at six am at Merkwood to finalize all plans on operation cleric. For now me and Max decided to have a sleepover.