Never should've danced with the devil.

Pylades: I'll take care of you

Orestes: It's rotten work.
Pylades: Not to me. Not if it's you.

Euripides.

This world was not built for women

This world was not built for women. It has no space for gentleness and harmony, no place for peace and balance. Women are born with built-in pain that will follow them eternally, until it becomes the essence of their soul. Gentle hearts that are able to love are destined to meet a tragic end. That's the world she was born in.

Her first mistake was believing her father when he said that she was born for greatness. He saw his wife in her big dark eyes, the curves of her lips and her untamed curly hair. He saw a girl about to be turned woman that deserved more than that the world could give her—it shouldn't be surprising that a man's naivety caused a woman's demise and at the time, no one expected what would happen next. Derron Cole took advantage of every tie he had to King's Landing to throw his precious daughter right into the nest of the dragons. In her father's mind, it was the only way the girl could be protected and valued while being unmarried.

And so, at the age of thirteen, Meliana became the princess Rhaenyra's personal handmaiden and that was only her second mistake. She should have known that playing with fire could only end with her burning at the stake and that despite their human appearances, the Targaryens were dragons through and through.

The third and most crucial mistake that Meliana made came in the form of a girl. If Rhaenyra Targaryen was fire, She was water—a tiny little droplet of liquid, floating in the sullen, everlasting sea, fated to become one with it. Her beauty belonged to a canva, but as serene as she looked on the outside, her depths hid the kind of darkness one cannot help but feel drawn to.