4

*knock knock*

And with that Leah was snapped out of her day dream and worry and found herself, y/n and Beth leaving the room and hugging Viv one by one as they left. 

'Hey Viv, it's great to see you again, still treating my Meado right I see' y/n chuckles as she see's Viv holding the most gorgeous collection of flowers.

'Yeah y/n/n, I think I treat her too well sometimes' Viv exclaims, laughing along with y/n. Beth nudges her as she speaks then places the flowers into the room and begins her walk down the corridor, hand in hand with her girlfriend.

This whole exchange Leah had spent looking down at the floor, her mind still running with the thoughts that her magical afternoon, meeting the most incredible girl was all she was ever going to get to experience with y/n, as who would chose her out of the whole lionesses squad. Little did she know y/n's mind was clouded with images of Leah, her whole existence had become Leah, despite it only being one day.

'You coming gorgeous or got an important conversation with the floor that needs to be sorted?' y/n teases Leah, making Leah lift her head and stare into the ocean blue eyes of the girl she longed for.

'Yeah, yeah just day dreaming, sorry' Leah spoke in a delicate way, trying not to make it obvious of her embarrassment over zoning out, she still remained red in the cheeks every time y/n coined her that nickname, questioning everything about what it meant every time it left y/n's lips.

They began their walk down to the cafeteria, which had been decorated with long tables and a bar placed right next to the dance floor and DJ booth, Sarina had gone all out to make sure the girls and families had an amazing night to ease them into camp in the right way. As they reached the door to the cafeteria, Leah found this new wave of confidence, she wanted to keep y/n close to her, so she could steal touches and looks throughout the evening, hoping to remind y/n of the electricity that existed between the two when they had first laid eyes on one another.

'Just fyi' Leah now spoke with such confidence and coolness it made y/n swoon after every word, 'you're entering lioness territory now and just saying I am skipper if you may have forgotten, so for once my rules go and not yours'

Y/n blushed as Leah acted so dominant and was leaning against the doorframe in what y/n liked to call her boyfriend pose, 'Yes Miss Williamson, I see how it is this evening, what rules have I got to follow then?'

Leah smiled at y/n's answer, 'well only two rules for you trouble, 1. you sit by me and 2. you save me you're last dance' this caused y/n to blush and look down before nodding as she was worried if she spoke her cool, calm and collected persona would be completely shattered by the footballer who stood before her. 

As the two entered the large room that was full of friends, family and the best footballers in the world, it appeared they were the last to arrive and were ushered to a table by Kiera, they were seated by Kiera, Lucy, Beth and Viv, Tooney, Less and Georgia. All the girls y/n had become closest too over this time. Sat across from the potential couple were Millie and Rach, both already half a bottle of champagne down and very much showing it.

Beth leaned over and whispered to y/n and Leah, 'we may have not taken into account the dynamic duo and their shared egging on of their drinking problem' in response to their pervious conversation in the bedroom. Leah and y/n laughed, nodding in agreement.

'Oiii I heard that Meado, we aren't drunks just fulling you're day with a Daly dose of Brightness, ain't that right Mils?' Rach spoke, already slurring her words as she did so.

'100% facts from my best friend in the corner' bellowed Millie, in a commentator like voice, this caused all the girls to laugh and start on their glasses of champagne as each girl wanted to catch the same drunken wave as the two best friends sat across from them. 

In between laughter y/n spotted a spare seat next to Mil and Rach, which was almost directly in front of her own, she wondered who was going to be sat there, as all the girls she was close to were already sat, deep in conversation, downing champagne as they went. 

Her thoughts were instantly answered when a very familiar voice echoed across the room as she sat down directly in front of y/n 'long time no see madam, I got a whole night to catch up with my favourite blonde now, how lucky am I?' spoke the all too familiar voice.

Beth England had placed herself directly in front of the girl she wished to pull this evening, this sent streaks of jealousy throughout Leah's body, she kept trying to talk herself out of this rage of jealousy by reminding herself she had no right to feel this way, y/n wasn't hers to be protective over, but it took every bone in her body not to tell Beth to fuck off and that y/n was in fact hers.

Y/n didn't realise this rage that was growing within Leah as she sat inches away from the girl she was hoping to avoid realising she now had an evening entertaining her bullshit and wouldn't be able to put all of her focus on Leah. Fucks sake.

'Bethany....fucking Beth' y/n muttered under her breath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

writers note,

Sorry this part is so short, I've been busy all today and wished I had more time to write, but I hope you're all enjoying it so far, if you have anything you want me to add please leave a comment, I'm going to update with the rest of the party very soon.

Do you think Beth will get in the way of the connection between Leah and y/n?