9

As the two girls made their way down the corridor, no words were exchanged between the two girls yet this comfortable silence seemed to be apparent as both girls were just so used to one another's company now, which was crazy since they only met the day before. Y/n kept looking down at Leah's hand as they were making their way down to the main lobby, just wishing with every bone in her body that she could grab her hand and show the world she was hers but y/n knew that not only was this not possible, Leah wasn't even hers to claim yet and they hadn't even shared their first kiss, yet to y/n it felt like the two were meant to be and their relationship was already written in the stars.

As Leah spoke y/n was snapped out of her day dream, 'so I was thinking we go down and grab some lunch first and chill with the girls for a bit as it is actually lunch time now and both our lazy asses didn't get out of bed all morning, how does that sound?'

'Yeah sounds good to me and oiii you're the lazy one gorgeous, I didn't have a choice but to stay in bed, you were lying on me after all' y/n replied, flirting back to Leah, causing the captain to just smile and go all giddy as she remembered the feeling of being wrapped up in y/n's arms. She snapped herself back to reality, trying to compose herself before they went and met the other girls as she desperately wanted to make sure none of them were suspicious. 

'I didn't see you telling me to get off you, this goes both ways mrs' Leah replied 'and anyway stop flirting with me, you'll show my soft side in front of the girls and I have a reputation that I must uphold'

Y/n giggled as she nodded in response, pushing a strand of hair out of Leah's face before she looked down and realised what she was wearing, not thinking that it may look real dodgy she's wearing Leah's jumper as when she put it on she was so giddy and wrapped up in the romance of it all. 

'Ummmm gorgeous?' y/n questioned, causing Leah to stop walking and look once again at y/n, the nickname still having the same effect it did the first time y/n had gifted it to her.

'Yessss.....' Leah responded, slightly confused.

'I know we want the girls to think theres nothing going on between us, and I mean that's a very good idea until we know each other better and stuff but don't you think they are gonna question it since I am in your hoodie' y/n asked, smiling as she did so, eager for Leah's response.

'Yeahhhh they'll probs suspect something is going on but we will just deny it, they'll just think you were my booty call, since I have so many of those' Leah responded sarcastically, not seeming bothered about the girls having suspicions, which shocked y/n.

'What??? you don't mind the girls thinking something went on, even though it didn't? y/n spoke, a little more annoyed now as she was concerned Leah was only getting close to her cause all she wanted was a 'booty call'. 

'Hey hey hey baby, I didn't mean it like that, I was only joking, and before you start panicking and thinking that's all I want from you it is most defiantly not.' Leah replied, easing y/n's nerves a bit and causing a faint smile to spread across her face.

'Well good, cause everything I said last night, I meant, I think we could be something you know?' y/n responded, looking directly into Leah's eyes and instantly getting lost in them.

'Me too, I may have been drunk but I meant every single word' Leah replied now grasping y/n's hand after checking nobody was around. 'and anyway I don't let any old girl where my favourite jumper' she added on the end trying to lighten y/n's mood.

'Ohhh I see, it's your favourite, makes it even better then, you won't be getting this back' y/n replied, instantly matching Leah's mood. 'But still, what will the girls think?'

'I don't care what they think, we won't tell them anything until we both want to and for now we will keep them guessing, you could always take the jumper off though' Leah responded causing y/n to instantly shake her head.

'No chance am I taking this off, EVER, it's mine now, it's like you're giving me a hug always, I love it' y/n replied, making Leah grin ear to ear before leaning closer in to y/n's face, where they were only inches apart.

'Well I guess that means you have to give me one of yours then' Leah spoke before leaning in further, the two girls lips almost touching, electricity shooting through both of their veins and it felt in that moment that time had stopped and the world had gone silent, it was only them. Just as they were about to reach each others lips and finally get the kiss the both girls craved so much they heard voices just down the corridor from them and were instantly snapped back to reality. Leah had a clear look of disappointment on her face as Georgia was approaching the two girls, unaware of what she had just interrupted. 

Before Georgia reached them, y/n leaned in to whisper in Leah's ear so only she could hear her 'we will finish that later gorgeous, don't look sad' causing Leah to instantly smile and look down as her cheeks had now just turned bright red. 

'Heyyy guys, good to see you both up, you going down to lunch? Georgia asked as she finally made it to the two girls.

'Yeah G, you just come from there? Is it busy?' Leah asked, trying to keep the conversation light.

' Yeah and it isn't that busy so don't worry, Lucy and Kiera are in there with Less and Ella so just join them when you go cause they've literally just sat down' Georgia said, 'you two have a good night anyway, I didn't notice you leave?'

'We did thank you, we left with Beth cause Leah was far too drunk and needed sleep' y/n said as she giggled at her last remark, Leah nudging her as she did so.

'Sounds like Leah, glad you two get on and already seem like mates, we all knew you'd get along' Georgia spoke, causing both y/n and Leah to blush slightly as they both knew they were never destined to be just friends. Luckily Georgia didn't notice as she always was a little oblivious of stuff and spoke once more 'anyway, I better get back to my room, I need a shower cause I'm gonna go to town with Hempo before movie night, so see you two then?' 

'Yeah see you then G' both girls responded before once more walking down the corridor to the cafeteria.

'See she didn't notice anything was up, so we are all good' Leah said as they reached the doors to get lunch. 

'Yeah but G has always been the oblivious one, wait till Tooney sees me with you, she'll know instantly I like you' y/n replied.

'Well yeah, of course, who wouldn't like me' Leah responded in a proper cocky tone.

'Oh shut up, now you stop flirting, it's gonna be hard enough pretending I see you as just a friend without you causing me to go giddy after every other sentence' y/n replied, Leah just stood there laughing, as a smug grin grew across her face, loving the fact she had this hold over y/n and that she also felt the same way as her. 

'Okay okay I will stop, but just know it's gonna be a challenge' Leah joked as she pushed the doors open to the cafeteria. 'And once we have lunch, I have something planned for just us, so be excited' she finished off, causing y/n's mind to race and just wanting to get through lunch as quick as possible so she could get back to having Leah all for herself, she knew that was a selfish thought but she couldn't help it, Leah was the most mesmerising girl she had ever known. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Sorry it is a quick one today, I have been super busy with uni work but I should hopefully get another two chapters out before the end of the week. 

Also apologies if you're not liking how slow it's moving, I'm just really enjoying making this story feel as real as possible, once they start training and matches start happening there will be more time skips and it will move a lot faster but for now I'm enjoying writing the start of the relationship in a lot of detail and I hope you are enjoying reading it too.

Also expect a bit of drama to come in the next few chapters......