9||Good morning!

1 week later.

*beep beep beep*

The alarm rang continuously but Jisoo ignored it...until another voice woke her up. It was sweet, and pleasant to Jisoo and brought a smile to her face.

"Wawawawawa uh. Aaah babawawawbaba." 

the baby had been babbling lately and Jisoo loved whenever he did that. It had been a week since they had reported to the police station but there was no information about the baby yet. This always made Jisoo wonder about the baby. There are 24 hours a day and Jisoo's 18 hours only went in worrying about the baby. Why would his parents ever do that to this young soul?

Again, Jisoo was thinking about the same thing but the baby babbles grabbed her attention. It seemed as if he was talking to someone in a different language.

His actions looked like he was swamped, making Jisoo laugh on her own. He was probably impersonating Jisoo.

"This mischievous little bean!" Jisoo whispered and made her way towards the crib, being as silent as possible. Off she went and scooped the little darling in her arms into a tender, pure hug. Her eyes shone with motherly affection.

"Liar" a few steps away, near the door, stood Taehyung. His hands crossed and eyes squinting as he stared at Jisoo secretly. He made sure Jisoo won't hear or see him.

"You will accept the baby wholly soon," he muttered.

👶🏻🍼

"HOW MANY HOURS WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO COME OUT OF THE BATHROOM, DUMBASS?" 

Scared by her voice, Taehyung, who was having the time of his life in the bathroom, rushed out. Only to find Jisoo with a scowl on her face and a spatula in her hand. "It's the umpteenth time that you're breaking the rule of 'not more than 30 mins in the bathroom'. What do you do there? Won't you get a cold from taking bath for so long? Stupid." 

Taehyung glanced at her up and down, trying to suppress a giggle. Sad news, he was unsuccessful in doing so. A loud laugh left his mouth which baffled Jisoo. "Here, I am yelling and look at yourself, laughing. Shameless!"

"You look like my mom."

"Oh do I?"

"Yes." 

Jisoo turned herself to take a look in the mirror and Taehyung was indeed right. Her outfit and overall vibe screamed 'mother of 2 kids'. "Damn. You're right. I look like Mommy Kim."

"Ayy!" Taehyung tried to hide his face "phew. got saved," he whispered.

"Oh yeah, so where's my breakfast?" the lad carefully spoke at the right time. "On the table. Eat up. I'll be back after dressing for work." Jisoo walked away to her room, smiling brightly.

"Yes! Dodged!" celebrating for his life, Taehyung jumped towards the table to fill his tummy with some yummy dishes that he could smell from the bathroom. He was extremely happy today. As if there was a boost of serotonin within. Bouncing around, he sat on his chair which had Taehyung labelled on it. Yes. Read it right. 

Back when Taehyung was new to this house and to Jisoo, humans couldn't tolerate being near each other due to which they had everything labelled. From door to cupboards, shelves to cabinets, cups to plates, and even the chair and their section of the dining table. Who would know that they would be piggyback riding each other after a few years, laying head on laps, kicking each other's asses and just trying to yeet each other every minute?

"Damn. She's improving. Two years ago, she couldn't even differentiate between salt and sugar. Hah. I taught her so many things." Proudly boasting about himself to thin air, Taehyung couldn't notice the baby lying in his crib and judging the older man. He was holding his baby bottle in one hand, drinking milk, while his other hand held a toy. The baby stared and judged Taehyung's antics.

"Who you looking at little bean?" Taehyung spoke in tiny only to be ignored by the baby.

"Wha-" he stared in disbelief. "Was one boss not enough that another baby boss entered this house, huh? What did I do wrong, oh Lord!" 

*ding dong*

"Now who's this?"

Annoyed, Taehyung stomped to the door ignoring his current state. Not looking at the flower-printed beach shorts and an equally flowery shirt that he wore, Taehyung went and opened the door.

Only to be welcomed by a stranger. Taehyung raised his eyebrows at the unfamiliar man. 

"Kim Taehyung?"

"Yes?"

"Here's your mail." after handing over an envelope with a non-fading straight face, the man walked off leaving a confused Taehyung at the doorstep. 

Closing the door soon after, Taehyung looked around for a scissor only to find no sharp objects near. *coughs* Jisoo's mother instinct *coughs* 

Hands would do the work, I guess? They did!

"Ah what's this let me check-"

Once Taehyung pulled out the piece of paper from the envelope, his moments halted. 

Eyes brimming with tears and hands started shaking. His knees gave up and he fell on the couch, an indescribable expression forming on his face. 

The door of Jisoo's room opened at that moment only to see a teary-eyed Taehyung sitting on the couch with a paper in his hands. "Taehyung- what happened!? why are you crying?" The thing that Jisoo found to be done immediately was cupping Taehyung's face and staring into his eyes which couldn't stop the flow of tears. "Why are you crying? What's the cause?" she worriedly asked. Her gaze went to the paper he held. "What is it about?"

"Jisoo. I got accepted for the job in the company you work at."

"W-What. For r-real?"

"Yes." Taehyung broke down.

a rush of emotions and Jisoo was in tears. Without thinking twice, she engulfed the male in her arms, as tightly as she could. She softly patted his back as a gentle smile appeared on her lips. Taehyung sobbed like a baby because of the warmth that felt like home to him.

"When did you get this done?" she slowly asked.

"the day you fought with me about that." ending with a subtle laugh, he pulled over from the hug and looked at Jisoo. "Congratulations!" she slowly uttered. But Taehyung seemed to notice something else. "Hey! Why are you crying?" he seemed equally worried as her. "I don't know. Seeing you cry made me teary too." 

They didn't know in what position they were actually sitting in. Taehyung sat on the couch while Jisoo was almost on his lap. His hands were around Jisoo's waist while her hands were on his shoulder. At least Taehyung knew but he chose to ignore it amidst the situation. 

Consciously Taehyung wiped the tears off her face with his thumb and looked into her eyes. Jisoo felt an unimaginable sensation as if she liked what he did. She liked his touch. The silence between them was the calmest yet there was a fire blazing inside. 

Maybe it was her inner voice that told her to go ahead and do the thing which was possibly going to happen if any one of them leans in. 

And she did what her unconscious mind told her.

Before she could wait to rethink her decisions, she had already done it. They kissed. Or Jisoo kissed him. She came back to her senses once she laid her lips onto his, melting at the moment. After realizing what had happened, she was about to pull away, only to feel Taehyung's grip around her waist tighten and him kissing her back, with equal passion. So, she again dived into the kiss, closing her eyes tightly and feeling the moment. His lips moving against hers felt something she would be addicted to.

It felt ethereal.

She never felt this before. She never thought this before. She wished she had.

Seconds turned into minutes and it was still going on. Until.

*Ding dong*

"Noona! It's me!"

who?

welp- I wasn't planning this. it just happened.