Synopsis

oOoOo

There was a storm. An ever present, constant storm, swirling in the mind of the Doctor. It was dark and angry-full of winds and lightning. And it was the only thing that kept him going.

Rose Tyler, his impossible girl...was a danger magnet, always in trouble. Always destined to be saved by him. And vice versa. She had the strange ability to still the storm in his mind, and that scared him beyond belief.

She was the girl who saved the earth. The girl he lost. The girl who broke unbreakable barriers to get back to him. The girl who destroyed her universe.

Rose wasn't like other humans, if she was even a human at all anymore. He wasn't quite sure. She was timeless and unpredictable. She often cared for others rather than herself and would no doubt risk her life for the ones she loves. After Amy and Rory and River were practically ripped from existence the Doctor was forced to move on. Rose was the only one who could make that possible. Of course, she refused to come along with him when he offered. Too soon he supposed. But avid to the point that he would track her TARDIS and follow her endlessly through the universe.

Probably wasn't his best move.

Nevertheless, being his relentless self, (even a bit domestic) he chased after his Rose. Not about to let her slip away again and regret it for the rest of his long lives.

The first time Rose kissed him, well kissed him in this body, he felt almost faint. It was so much of a shock he might have fallen over if she hadn't smacked him. Classic Rose Tyler with the slaps she inherited from her mother. Even that couldn't wipe the grin off his face. He was the most gleeful timelord in existence at that moment.

But here they were trapped in a prison cell after an unsuccessful escape attempt.

As he looked at her, the storm that was his mind was quelled once more, and, given that they were about to die, he decided to enjoy it.

Rose was asleep, and the Doctor was watching her. Yes it was a little unsettling—he'd made peace with that fact twenty minutes ago. But he'd almost lost her today. Almost lost her to an enemy that should have died with the rest of its race so long ago.

Oh, how the storm had howled at the sight of it.

The storm was quiet now, as it always was in the presence of Rose.

Naïve Rose. Trusting Rose. Beautiful Rose.

She could stop the storm in his mind with one look, one touch, and Rassilon, it frightened him.

Because what if she made it go away permanently? What if he lost this storm, the only thing keeping him from breaking down completely over the loss of his people, his planet? What if this storm ended, and he didn't see Rose the same way anymore?

Without the veil of hurt, and self-loathing, what if he didn't need her in the same way as he did now? He didn't think he could bare it if he suddenly stopped craving her presence, if she only became an echo to him.

The Doctor stared at her in disbelief, and knew he could happily spend the rest of his life just looking at her. At the same time, he wished to never see anything as terribly beautiful again.

Rose. His Rose. Was not about to die, because if she did, it would be permanent. If she did, the storm would take him over completely.

Rose was unconscious, but alive. He paused to brush some hair from her face. This was the Rose he needed, that he loved. So impossibly human, he would happily spend the rest of his days in her presence.

And once again, the storm was still.

oOoOo

That was probably very confusing. I apologize, this section is basically taken from a point towards the end in my story. Thank you all for putting up with the many many months of waiting!

Love all my voters and commenters and even silent readers!

oOoOo