17 ~ Closer

Closer ~ The Chainsmokers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been four years. Fours since he moved cities, since he had left someone he cared about to do much with no warning. Since he got scared of committing and lost the thing most important to him. That's his sad life, he lost the love of his life because he was scared of commitment.

Barry Allen mostly had relationships that lasted for a month max. So things wouldn't get serious but he let the beautiful Caitlin Snow into his life and now he's a changed man. He hasn't dated in four years. Nothing is the same without her. Barry Allen was doing just fine before he met Caitlin Snow but just like wrecking a ball, she took down all of his walls.

That scared him, a lot. No one had ever done that before and he had never felt so scared of what lies ahead so he bolted. New city, no job and no goodbye. Just a sorry note. Here he is going to this hotel for a drink and there she is. After four years she's finally here in front of him looking gloriously beautiful in a floor length black cocktail dress.

He couldn't stop himself. He walked up to her and leant on the counter with his elbow. "Hey" he said softly and she could see how her face went pale when she saw him. She couldn't even say hello because she must've hated him so much.

***

Caitlin Snow was in a different city for a girls trip for a few days. Four years she had been pining over one guy. Barry Allen, she didn't care that he left off leaving nothing behind because she knew that he was the one for her, the way he'd make her life and smile was unlike anything she had ever felt in her entire life.

Here she was at the hotel, she was sitting at the bar and her friends had convinced her to try and get over him by at least having a one night stand. The first round of drinks were on her so she was waiting for them at the bar when she heard that familiar soft voice. "Hey" he said and she turned around to meet Barry Allen. He looked just as good as the day they met when she accidentally smiled coffee on him while she was running late to work. I tried to say hi but I just kept stuttering. I my stupid mouth1! Say something! Caitlin screamed at herself internally.

"Falafel" she said and he looked at her with a puzzled expression before chuckling. She sighed and embarrassed and started chuckling along with him.

"I missed you" he said in all seriousness

"Me too" she said

"You look amazing" Barry said, his eyes trolling up and down her figure. How the sparkly black fabric clung to all of her curves and her medium length hair cascading down her back showing off her Diamond earrings and matching necklace.

"Thank you" Caitlin blushed looking down at the ground

"Do you wanna catch up and talk about things" Barry said and she was speechless for a moment then nodded.

"Can I ask you something?" She said rather suddenly and by the look on his face you could tell her was nervous to what hard question he hoped she wouldn't ask but it would happen eventually.

"Shoot" he said standing up straight

"Am I dreaming?" she said and he looked at her puzzled

"Wait-what?" he stuttered confused

"Is this a dream, seeing you again, it's all I've wanted for the past four years" She admitted and then realized that she actually said that to his face and looked down at the floor.

"Cait" Barry said and used his finger to lift her chin up so her soft, calming brown eyes met his enchanting green ones. "You're not dreaming, I'm here and I missed you so much and I'm sorry for being so stupid"

"It doesn't matter, we're here now" Caitlin said and cupped his face and only then did she understand how close they were. Having enough waiting Caitlin brought their lips together in what started as a sweet 'I missed you' kiss to a 'I love you forever and ever' passionate and energized kiss. Until both of them couldn't breath they separated, keeping their faces in close proximity to each other.

"I love you" Barry said

"I love you" Caitlin said back and the both of them smiled with glee, and it was the happiest they have been in four years. "I have a room upstairs"

"Really?" he smirked and she smiled at him

"Your drinks" The bartender came with the drinks she had bought for all of the girls. "I'll meet you at the lift"

"You expecting some people?" he referred to the 6 glasses of champagne that she had ordered.

"Girls trip" Caitlin explained and he nodded

"I'll see you at those lifts" he pointed to the only lifts in eye sight, gave a quick peck and walked in the direction of the lift. Caitlin then took the drinks back to her friends when she complained she wasn't feeling well because she had come down with Barry! She thought. They all gave her sympathetic looks but she put on a smile and waved them off before joining Barry at the lift.

As soon as she came close enough he brought her hand in his and kissed the outside making a blush spread to her cheeks. "You really do look incredible tonight" he said ogling her once more. She did put a lot of effort into her outfit today not knowing why. She took this time witing for the lift to analyze him. He's been working out more as his mussels are more defined through his blazer and dress shirt. Too damn good for Caitlin to resist. When the doors open they step in still hand in hand. Watching the floors go up was almost therapeutic if Barry Allen wasn't with her. She was so impatient waiting for it to get to her level.

After what felt like a million years it finally came to her stop. She practically dragged him out and he chuckled at her reactiveness. Opening her clutch she found her key card and stumbled getting the door open and when she did she caught his lips in a hungry kiss and they walked inside the hotel room with their lips still connected. He then started kissing down her neck and reached her shoulder when he stopped and noticed something.

"Caitlin Snow" He said and she went wide eye knowing exactly what he was referring too "Did you get a tattoo?"

"Yes' ' she said shyly and then he tried to get a better look of what it was but the dress was blocking it. "Can I?" he asked, referring to her zip and she nodded, moving her hair out of the way. She could feel inspecting the tattoo with his eyes even though there isn't much to look at. "Why did you choose it?"

"It reminded me of you" Caitlin said and he inspected the small lightning bolt that was on her shoulder.

"I love it" he said and kissed it before placing another sweet and soft kiss on her lips. It was then replaced by hunger and a burning fire that was inside of them. A fire that was dim for 4 years but ignited when they saw each other today. "I love you" he said in between kisses

"Mhm shirt off" she said against his lips to which he chuckled and completed her request. "Don't leave me again" she said looking into his eyes and he saw the fear in her eyes at the thought of it.

He stopped their make out session and cupped her face in his hand and looked into her eyes "I had to survive without you for 4 years because I was too ashamed of myself. I will never ever leave you again because these 4 years have been the most miserable and we lost time. I promise i won't ever leave you again"

She smiled hearing his words and joint their lips together and she smiled through their kiss.