19 ~ Let Me Love You

Let Me Love You - DJ Snake

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a hell of a year that's for sure. The team has encountered a whole other earth with new metas. They were betrayed by Jay Garrick who was really Zoom. Barry lost his speed and Caitlin was kidnapped. Finally they beat zoom but at the cost of Barry's father.

They were all celebrating at Joes but Barry didn't feel the win as much as everyone else. There was one person that noticed and saw him. Caitlin Snow, she knew what it was like to loose her dad. Barry went outside for some air while others were inside talking and drinking. Caitlin saw and brought out a blanket with her since it was getting cold.

"Hey" she said sitting down next to him and laid the blanket on both their laps.

"Hey" he said looking up at the stars

"It's getting colder so I thought that you could use a blanket" Caitlin looked at him to try and see if she could pinpoint exactly what he was feeling. Analyzing his face she could see how he was ready to break at any moment. "Are you ok?"

"I don't know" he said "I know I would be happy since we just won but I can't stop thinking about my dad"

"Barry, I'm so sorry" she then placed her hand on his thigh under the blanket and he looked at her for the first time since they came outside. It was a chilly night and she was definitely cold in a short sleeve dress with no jacket.

"Your getting cold here" he said and took the blanket off their lap and wrapped it around Caitlin.

"Here I was thinking I would try and help take care of you" she joked

"You do take care of me, you're always fixing me up whenever I manage to injure myself and then you also are the most amazing friend in the world and help me with any other dilemmas that I may have. Thank you Caitlin, I don't know what I would do without you" Barry said and then she hugged him back.

"I don't know what I would do without you either" Caitlin said into his ear and then pulled away "You know you're not alone, I know you lost your dad and that's heartbreaking but don't forget that you aren't alone you have family, Joe, Iris, Cisco, Harry, Jessie, Wally..." Caitlin was going on

"You" Barry said and had a small smile on his face

"Me" she smiled at him "We all love you so much and we know you are going through a hard time right now and anything you need we are all right here"

"Thank you, can you do me a favor?" Barry asked her

"Yeah, sure, anything" Caitlin said

"Can you stay out here with me for a little bit?" He asked and she nodded and lent her head on his shoulder hoping he didn't mind, she could tell he didn't when he wrapped that arm around her and pulled her closer to him. "Can I ask you a personal question that you don't have to answer?"

"Yeah" Caitlin said and looked up at him with her head still on his shoulder

"Your dad, what was he like?" Barry asked

"One of the best, he made waffles every Sunday, we made up our own periodic table, he would help me with my school problems and sometimes at night if I couldn't sleep he would take me onto the roof to gaze at the stars." Caitlin looked up at the stars "I think he used to pretend the stars made shapes and I pretended i could see it too when it was nowhere near correct"

"Sorry I didn't need to bring up anything, I just wanted to know if could get over it " Barry said

"Do you think you can?" she asked

"Yeah" he said "One day I'll accept it but that day is not today"

"We'll wait for that day but until then we have to work to get there" Caitlin said and Barry nodded

"Thank you" barry said

"For what?" she aksed and looked at him again

"Not giving up on me, you never let me down through this ride we've been through the last few years, you've never given up on me, thank you" Barry said

"Of course, but it goes both ways, you always have faith in me and I was in a pit of sadness when I first met you, you got me out of the darkest days of my life, I owe you the biggest debt of thanks" Caitlin said

"You don't owe me anything, how about we call it a deal" Barry said and she smiled

"Sounds great to me" she smile at him and he smiled back and they looked up at the beautiful night sky.