Chapter 18 Nora

Iris laid down on the med bay bed with Barry by her side, wiping some of the sweat away from her forehead using a cloth.

"You're doing great, Iris. You're doing great" Barry told her, smiling as he held her hand. Iris looked at him and smiled back.

"Ok. Everything looks good" Caitlin said, looking at the quick scan she did on Iris.

"Ready?" Barry asked Iris. Iris took a deep breath and nodded.

"Ok, when I tell you to push, you push, ok?" Caitlin told Iris. Iris nodded. Barry continued to hold Iris's hand and Iris gripped Barry's hand tighter.

Eventually, the rest of the team arrived at Star Labs. Out of the rest of the team, Cecile, Kamilla and Allegra came in and helped support Iris.

"Push!" Caitlin told Iris. Iris began pushing. And while she did that, she sobbed a little in pain. Barry used a cold cloth to wipe some of the sweat away from Iris's head. She looked up and smiled.

"I love you" Iris said, panting a little.

"I love you too" Barry smiled back, quickly kissing her on the forehead.

"Ok, you ready for another push?" Caitlin asked. Iris looked at her and nodded.

"You got this, Iris" Kamilla said to Iris. Iris pushed again. She then took another break after ten seconds. She then pushed again and finally, a crying sound was heard. Caitlin gently held Nora in her arms while Allegra grabbed a towel to clean Nora.

"You did it" Barry smiled tearfully, looking down at Iris. Iris looked at him with tears in her eyes as well. They quickly kissed shortly after. Nora was then brought over to Iris and was gently placed in her arms. Iris and Barry both looked down at Nora with their tearful smiles.

"Hi Nora" Iris whispered, continuing to smile as she looked at Nora's small face.

"Hey sweetheart" Barry said, gently caressing Nora's small head.

"Congrats you two" Caitlin smiled as she, Kamilla and Allegra looked at Iris as well. Caitlin's eyes suddenly glowed for a few seconds.

"Congrats on the baby you guys" Frost spoke before Caitlin's eyes stopped glowing. Iris and Barry smiled at that.

LATER

"She's perfect" Barry smiled, now looking back down at Nora. Iris smiled as she looked up at him. She then looked back down at Nora and gently kissed her tiny forehead.

"Do you want us to get the the team?" Caitlin asked Iris and Barry. They both nodded. Caitlin then left the med bay and came back with the rest of the team. They each walked over and said hello to Nora and congratulated both Barry and Iris.

"Soon, you guys are going to have a lot to deal with" Chester smiled, referring to Nora being a speedster.

"Yeah. She's going to be a fast toddler" Cisco added.

"Well, right now we're not worried about that. But, when the time comes, we'll teach her how to use her abilities" Barry said.