A flower created by the moon

This is the story of how I died. Don't worry, this is actually a very fun story and the truth is, it isn't even mine. This is the story of a boy named Shibayama and it starts with the moon. Now, once upon a time, a single drop of moonlight fell from the heavens. And from this small drop of moonnlight grew a magic silver flower. It had the ability to heal the sick and injured. Well, centuries past and hop skip and a boat ride away there grow a kingdom. The kingdom was ruled by a beloved king and queen. And the queen, well she was about to have a baby. But she got sick. Really sick. She was running out of time and that's when people usually start to look for a miracle. Or in this case, a magic silver flower. You see, instead of sharing the moon's magical gift, this woman, Mother Gothel, hoarded its healing power and used it to keep herself young for hundreds of years. And all she had to do was sing a special song.

Flower gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine~

All right, you get the gist. She sings, she turns young. Creepy, right?

Well when they finally found the flower. The magic of the golden flower, healed the queen. A healthy baby boy, a prince was born. With beautiful silver hair. A small baby with long silver hair is held in the queens arms and its father places a tiara on its head. I'll give you a hint. That's Shibayama. To celebrate his birth, the King and Queen launched a flying lantern into the sky. For that one moment, everything was perfect. And then that moment ended.

An aged mother Gothel entered the palace with a pair a scissors determined to get the princes hair.

Flower gleam and glow
Let your powers shine
make the clock re----

As soon as she tried to cut a piece of hair off it turned black and lost all its magic. She then realized she would have to take the child for herself. Just like that... gone. The Kingdom searched and searched, but they could not find the Prince. For deep within the forest, in a hidden tower, Gothel raised the child as her own.

A tall tower stood out in the middle of a gorgeous valley. Inside mother Gothel was brushing a young Shibayamas hair.

save what was lost
bring back what once was mine
what once was mine.

Gothel had found her new magic flower. But this time she was determined to keep it hidden. "Why can't I go outside?" "The outside world is a dangerous place. Filled with horrible, selfish people. You must stay here, where you're safe. Do you understand, flower?" "Yes, Mommy."

But the walls of that tower could not hide everything. Each year on his birthday, the King and Queen released thousands of lanterns into the sky in hope that one day, their lost Prince would return.

A/N Welcome to the first chapter of a new story folks. I decided to keep the intro the same to the movie with a couple of small changes such as: name, pronouns, hair color, flower color, and change the Sun to the Moon. Cya next chapter.