"Her smile"

After Felix and Liam dropped her off, Marinette sat on her balcony thinking. "thank you" is what Amelie had said to her. It was weird hearing that. She had always heard thank you's, but never one this sincere. It made her wonder, had she really made such a big impact in people's lives? Was she, possibly, important to some?

Chat noir was out tonight, it was his turn on patrol. Every time he had patrol he would just so happen to wander near Marinette's house, and this night was no different. He stood on the roof of the building next to hers, normally she would notice him by now, but she looked deep in thought. He stared at her, wind blowing in her hair, the warm lights of paris shimmering in her blue eyes, and the most beautiful smile he had ever seen. He had to wonder though, who made her smile so brightly?

He landed on the rails of her balcony, startling her a bit. "Hey princess." He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "What's got you so deep in thought?" 

"Earlier, someone said something to me, and I've just been thinking about it."

"What did they say?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, but for what?"

She laughed. "I'm not thanking you, doof, they said thank you to me" She said pushing his head.

"OW, okok I get it. But, what's so special about a thank you?" 

"They meant it. That's what's special. I think that's something we all have to work on." Then she turned at him, the look in her eyes so sincere. 

"Thank you, Chat noir, for being friends with me." 

He stared into her bluebell eyes, mesmerized, and before he realized it he was blushing under his mask. hard.

"I-" He gulps.

"I HAVE A PROBLEM." Chat noir goes from facing Marinette, to covering his face fully with both his hands. "I have this really big problem, and I need to talk to you about it." 

"What's happened?" Marinette said a bit taken aback from his unexpected outburst.

"YOU. YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SO PRETTY." and "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO SWEET UGH." Pass his brain, as he tries to collect his thoughts. But, he can't say this to her.

"I NEED ICE CREAM. AND YOU NEED TO COME WITH ME." Is what he impulsively screams.

"uhh no, you need help." she teases. 

~

They arrive at Andre's ice cream shop, more like cart, and wait in line. "Are you ok Cat? You're being weird right now.." She says as a gust of wind blows. 

"Yeah, I'm fine!" 

"Do you think-" Marinette turns, feeling someone looking at her. She smiles."Oh! Felix!" She waves at him. 

"Marinette." He says in an unsure voice, his eyes now directed at Chat Noir.

"Mr. Noir." Felix extends his hand for a handshake. 

"Fe- Graham De Vanily." He says, forgetting his cousin is not currently his cousin. 

"I presume you remember me. Well, it is hard to forget what I did.. I'd like to offer my apologies. I.. was not myself." He swallows hard, remembering how it was like those days; barely living, just surviving. 

He snaps himself out of it. "however I know that doesn't justify my actions. You are not expected to forgive me."  If this was any other person, they would think he was lying. But this was Felix, and anyone could tell, with the hint of sadness in his words, he was serious.

"Tsk." Felix looks at Marinette, who is staring empathetically at him. "Don't look at me like that, I should be doing that to you. You're shivering." Before she could respond, his jacket was already wrapped around her.

"My mother would kill me if she knew I left you shivering. Don't thank me, it's just manners." He said as he fixed it gently. 

The sadness in his eyes earlier would not escape her mind. He always says stuff like "its only proper manners" but.. That wasn't the case. He cared, that's why. She admired him for being able to care after everything he went through.

Without thinking, she grabbed his hands, and pulled him into a hug. Despite him being taller, and stronger, he stood there aloof. Just letting her hug him. For the first time, Marinette saw him blush. 

"W-What are you-"

"You need it. Trust me, you need it." She lets go. "It's our turn Cat, come on. Good night, Felix."