1 (827 words)

My little sister was crying when I came home from school, she had a cut over her eye. Mom was drunk again I see. I picked her up and took her to her own room and laid her in her bed, she was asleep by the time I left the room. Mom was screaming, at who I could only guess was Dad, on the phone. I groaned and she looked at me. 

"Since when have you been home?!" She questioned, a dangerous look on her face.

"5 minutes, ma'am." I said, almost sounding like a robot.

     She turned at looked back at her phone. She hung up on Dad. She turned to face me and asked where Michelle, my sister, was. I told her she was sleeping since she had a tiring day at school. Mom went to her room and stayed there until, I assumed, morning. I ran up to Michelle's room picked her up in my arms, she was the heaviest sleeper in the world so I knew she wouldn't wake. I bolted out the door knowing my mom was smoking what I thought was either cigars or some new drug she found on the side of the road.

     After around half an hour, me and  Michelle were in the middle of the woods. 

"Where are we, Alex?" I heard a tiny voice mutter.

"Away from mom." I answered.

     Michelle fell back asleep. I saw a cave and looked up. Rain was coming. I ran into the cave and saw... a light? No, more like a glow. I walked towards it and was immediately hit with the smell of sweet lavender, roses, and any flower you could think of.

"Pretty, huh?" A random voice said behind me. I quickly spun around to see... 

"Zachary?!" I half yelled. He laughed a little. 

"Yep, hey Alex." He greeted me.

"Hey?"

     He looked at Michelle and back at me with a more serious look on his face, he saw the scar over her eye. He walked over and went towards behind me. I turned to face him again and he was making what looked like a king sized bed? This day couldn't get weirder. Apparently I was wrong though because he walked over to us again, picked up my sister out of my arms, laid her in the bed, then went over to me.

"Hell no." I glared at him.

"Watch out for the poison ivy then." He replied, I looked down. SHIT! He laughed and eventually picked me up.

"Pissworm." I muttered. He had no emotion showing on his face and he literally threw me on the bed. What. The. Hell. He did it like it he was throwing out a couple of grapes.

     I could hear him humming a song while he was watering the flowers.

"Apple Cider?" I said looking at him. He nodded and kept humming. "So... you live here?"

"Yeah, my parents kind of kicked me out once I told them I was gay." He whispered barely audible, but since my hearing is the strongest of my senses, I heard.

"I'm sorry." I muttered looking down.

"It's fine, you didn't do anything." He reassured me. I still wasn't convinced.

     I went up to him and, of course, hugged him. He smiled a bit and turned to face me, hugging me back.

"Gay," I heard my sister mumble, "how dare a random boy steal my dear brother away." She said dramatically. Her acting lessons paid off I guess. I threw my shoe at her, resulting in me being picked up again. God damnit. I got set on the "bed" yet again. Zach looked slightly pissed off. 

"What?" I muttered defensively. He just shook his head, as if that was an answer, and went back to the flowers. I took off my other shoe and aimed for his head. Bullseye. It hit him square in the back of his head, he just stood there. Obviously, I got scared for my life and prayed to the first god that popped into my head. Cthulhu. He turned around, picked up the shoe, walked up to me, and threw it at the wall right beside my head. A dent was left where the shoe hit. He looked pissed.

     After a while I got bored. He noticed and walked over to my side and just sat on the floor beside me. Creepy. He leaned closer and I looked at him. He looked at me like he couldn't quite figure out what I was.

"I'm a human, if you couldn't tell." I muttered. He looked startled.

"Sorry!" He said looking a bit guilty and rubbing the back of his neck.

     I waved a hand in front of his face, he looked confused. "Weird..." I muttered. He looked a bit offended but didn't say anything.

Authors Recording: 

11/08/2022 - According to what I heard it's Election Day! I had a strange day, my hugging buddy wasn't there so I couldn't hug anyone during algebra or study period. My friends birthday was today, Happy Birthday! End recording.