3 (433 words)

We didn't leave that garden for the rest of the week but eventually we had to go to the grocery store. Zach had given me and Michelle a mask, sunglasses, and a trench coat with a hoodie underneath. 

"Parachute pants, parachute pants, parachute pants!" Michelle sang running around the garden ecstatic from getting new pants. She was determined to get Sun-In so she could sing 'Sun-In and parachute pants.' We headed out and I stopped in my tracks when we had gotten to the parking lot.

"Shit, mom's here!" I muttered, Michelle heard me and out of habit, put her hand up to her injured eye.

     Mom stepped out of the car and looked at us. Uh oh, I thought. She rolled her eyes and went into the store. Typical mom. We followed quite far behind. Zach grabbed a cart and Michelle climbed over the side and into it, she hugged her legs and glared at Zach and mouthed 'Sun-In' with her fist raised. Zach went straight to the Sun-In and Mom was standing in the aisle. She was looking at pregnancy tests, my eyes immediately went wide with horror. She was pregnant?! Michelle looked at me and back at Mom and her expression went the same as mine when she read the words on the boxes. I immediately grabbed the first container of Sun-In I could find and dragged Zach out of there. 

     After we had finished shopping, we found Mom loading things into her grocery cart. Michelle had taken off her hood because she was drinking a hot chocolate we had gotten her on the way out and she refused to drink or eat with anything on her head. Mom looked over at us and stared at us with pure rage in her eyes. "Alex! Michelle!" She screamed, we started bolting. Zach was standing a far ways away so Mom found nothing unusual about that and she took off chasing after us. Thankfully she was high and tired or else she would have caught us. We made it to the garden and after half an hour Zach made it. 

"What the fuck?!" He asked. Shit, we left him. It would have taken about 15 minutes for me to explain but because of the stress I burst into tears and it took 45 minutes to completely calm me down so in total it took an hour to explain. He wasn't angry anymore just slightly upset. Reasons unknown. Michelle kept muttering about how he was pissed off because he wanted to walk back together. She said all this with a smirk on her face.