Janet huffed loudly as she dropped the last of her boxes on the floor of her new room

Janet huffed loudly as she dropped the last of her boxes on the floor of her new room. Technically it wasn't her room, it was her and Alexah's room, but the logistics don't matter all that much. That last box (the last of a grand total of 3) held all of the things Janet had gotten kicked out for. It was the box her parents put in front of her door, the box that she stumbled over that last night when she came in drunk at 12 am.

Janet tried to make light of the situation. Sure her parents kicked her out, but it was about time anyway. She was 19 and still living in her childhood bedroom, she didn't want to become one of those losers that lived with their parents well into their 30s. Her parents thought she deserved to learn a good lesson. But would Janet stop smoking weed, partying, and going out with boys? No, she just didn't need to sneak around anymore.

Plus, Janet was ever so grateful for Alexah. Janet had called her in a drunken state that night when her parents kicked her out, sobbing, saying: "They kicked me out Alex! What do I do-oo-oo?"

Alexah answered, "Dont worry Janet, you can room with me for a bit? You know i've got my own place down in Seattle." And so that's what Janet did. On the nights before she moved in with Alexah, Janet couch-surfed, which was not something she was unfamiliar with. It was easy to just pass out on someone's couch after a party, they hardly ever yelled at you.

"Hi!"  Alexah greeted, knocking Janet out of her reminiscing. "Do you wanna go out? Like right now? There's this party, like a house show. It'll be fun."

Janet shot Alexah a surprised look. She wasn't expecting to go out for the next couple of days, her plans consisted of unpacking and getting settled. "Sure." Janet agreed anyway, she could always finish unloading her stuff later. Alexah's always cheery voice made it hard for Janet to turn her down.

She threw on some more fashionable "party" clothes and within 5 minutes they were walking to the bus stop. Neither of the girls had cars of their own, despite being 19.  Janet had actually gotten her license when she was 16, but she never had the money to buy a car and now her license was about to expire. Nothing in Seattle seemed to be far, though. There was the suburbs and all that, but in the metropolitan area it was all fairly close. That being said, it didn't take long for the girls to arrive at the party. They stood in front of the house, it was a typical two-story house flooded with young adults and music blaring. It seemed to have a lot of fairly new renovations though, as well as an added room on the side.

"How'd you even find this place anyway?" Janet asked her friend.

Alexah shrugged, "Some guy at the pike place market invited me last weekend." Deep down, Janet was always sort of envious at how Alexah always had guys drawn to her. Janet got a decent amount of action, but it was usually her that initiated it and both parties were usually slightly intoxicated. But for Alexah there was always a boy that was pining for her, and she turned them away every time. The only guy that truly wanted Janet was Alexah's younger brother Kevin. Ever since the girls were 10 and he was 8, he was always doing stupid things to get Janet's attention.