Sneak Peek 3

After making Alberu promise him something, as well as the others, here they are, in the dining room of rock villa waiting for a certain redhead to fall asleep.

"Dongsaeng, how many fingers am I holding up?" Alberu asked the frowning Cale while holding up 2 fingers.

"Do you think I'm stupid, hyung?"

'Oh, is he not drunk anymore?'

"Four." Cale said with a smug.

Pffft

Puhahahaha

"Aigooo... when is he going to sober up?"

The others couldn't help but laugh. They were all eating tteokbokki as a midnight snack, curtesy of Beacrox.

"Son, will you sleep after this?" Deruth asked. 

He was able to join them after Cale called him in the middle of the night saying he missed him and that he wanted to see him.

Of course, the dotting father jumped out of his bed and immediately went to see the redhead. He was even more ecstatic when Cale ran to him and hugged, but then he flinched when Cale suddenly had a sobbing feat while still hugging him.

He looked at Ron who was smiling benignly.

"Drunk."

He made an 'o' expression.

"Son. What's wrong?"

"Dad. Do you love me?"

Deruth squealed internally. How could his son be so adorable?

"Of course I do, Cale."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Then you'll let me be a slacker, right?"

"Of course. I already told you before didn't I? I'll support you in doing whatever you want."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"So you won't make me the next lord?"

"Ah..erm...about that"

"You promised!" He scream as he let out another sob.

"Alright, alright, I promise. Okay? Stop crying."

"Promise?"

"I promise. As long as you also promise to visit us more often."

"Alright. Pinky promise?" He said as he poked his pinky finger.

"Pinky promise." Deruth interlocked his pinky. Cale then said a vow.

"Pinky swear, ten billion gallons, whoever breaks the promise will go bald forever."

Deruth was speechless. Cale just said an iffy chant then smiled as if he wasn't sobbing moments ago. Then he realized it.

"Oh. I got scammed, didn't I?"

"Welcome to the pinky swear club, Duke Deruth." Alberu said to him.

"You too?"

"Yes. He made me promise not to make him Prime Minister. Not to mention the penalty, 10 golden plaques and me swallowing 100 cookies."