Chapter 8: Shopping

The motorcycle bumps up and down as the smaller man clings to the biker, "Are you ok?! You're digging into my ribs!" Mondo states trying to be louder than the wind.

"This is unbelievably stressful!" Taka hides his face in the driver's back.

Mondo slows down pulling up to the mall parking lot, he maneuvers through all the cars to find them a good spot which seems next to impossible. "No.. noo... ughh..." he sighs scanning the area. "Bingo! Gotcha!!" beaming with excitement, he rushes over to a spot right in the front. Once he pulls in, he gets off and puts his hand out toward Taka.

"Oh!" He puts his head into Mondo's slightly larger hand.

Mondo responds shocked and a bit flustered, "Your helmet..?!"

"Ohh... I'm sorry! Habit I guess..." Taka replied. Mondo had taught him that trick the first week he had him.

"Don't be, it's not that big of a deal!" He scratches the back of his neck and purposefully faces away from Taka, he's super embarrassed and doesn't want it to be obvious. Mondo then sets the helmets on his bike and proceeds to walk to the mall with the other following behind.

Mondo hard stops, turns to Taka.

"You have ears"

"You do too?" Taka says back

"Not dog ears" Mondo tells him, "Wait here" so Taka stops in place. "Sit" Mondo demands, the smaller man follows his command, "Not here dumb dumb, on the bench" and Taka moves.

Didn't take Mondo too long and he returned with a hat, a black beanie. "People are gonna be weird about your ears..." he hands it over "Put this on just incase"

***

Mondo has to buy Taka lunch since his stomach started grumbling.

After, they go to a few stores looking for clothing that Taka would be comfortable in, they end up in the dressing room so he can model some outfits.

"This will be your room, there is enough space for both of you to stick around and the room to change is on the right" The retail employee shows them "If you need any assistance, please ring that bell".

Taka makes his way with his pile of potential outfits "I'll be right out!"

He came out in a pair of grey sweatpants and a graphic t-shirt for some obscure band not many people know, "How's this for something to sleep in, its very comfortable and I can cut a whole in the back for-"

"That sounds very wrong so I'm gonna stop you there" Mondo tells him "This is good, next" Taka goes back in to change.

Mondo spits out his drink, "I really like these pants, they have so much room and I can move really well in them" Taka happily announced.

Mondo turns in to a tomato, "Ah.. that's a skirt..." the man in front of him begins to lift it. He reveals  that he hasn't changed out of Mondo's boxers, which makes the bikers temperature rise higher. "Stop.. please... next outfit" Mondo pleads with his hand covering his face.

***

They leave with some outfits; sweats and shirt for sleepwear, two casual jeans, a hoodie, a long sleeved shirt, and short sleeved. "This was fun" Taka thanks Mondo with the most radiant smile.

"Yeah, we can do this again some other time" he replies.