karina | loved

rain poured down leaving its mark on your shirt, dark blue spots could be seen on your slightly lighter blue shade shirt. children scattered into their homes trying their best to stay dry, and dark clouds covered the not so blue sky.

puddles splashing as your feet stomps on it. trying your best to not get drenched you zoomed your way towards your apartment and thankfully only some parts of you were wet.

the elevator bell chimed indicating that you're on your house floor. you kicked your shoes off as you swung the door open and slamming it shut shortly after.

you raised your hand, turning on your phone screen to read the notification that came in a few seconds ago. a small smile tugged your lips when you see the name displayed on your phone. but soon the smile turned into a frown as you read the message from her.

지민이 <3
"i don't think i can come over tonight"

was what written on the screen, you felt frustrated and mad at her text. the long awaited weekend and movie night you and karina planned a few weeks back finally came. but, now she's canceling the plan?

sure, you tried to understand her. maybe she had a sudden schedule that came up? a fever maybe? with a frown on your face, you replied to her text.

지민이 <3
i don't think i can come over tonight

you
wdym babe? did something come up?
seen 3m ago

"seen 3m ago?" you huffed under your breath, unknowingly slamming your bag down to the floor. you felt frustrated and also confused at the way she's acting, you calmed yourself down a bit before going back to your text with karina only to be greeted by nothing.

you
are you okay?
i've prepared everything
seen 9m ago
are you really not coming
seen 2m ago

still no reply, you sighed and decided to call her. the ringing sound on the other line made you nervous, will she pick up? if she does, will she get mad at you? will you guys argue?

"hello" her voice sounded dull, like she just woken up from a sleep

"baby? is everything okay?" you asked concerned.

"yea, im just. not in the mood"

"but-"

"yea im sorry" you rolled your eyes at her answer, getting pissed.

"you know a simple sorry is not gonna help right? we planned this weeks ago and ive already bought everything we listed! and-and i got everything ready!" you stated with a hint of disappointment in your voice.

silence. you can hear karina breathing on the other line but she's not saying a word.

"babe im-" you started but then,

your eyes widen at the sound of the monotone bot indicating that the other line had hung up the call. you threw your phone straight to the couch making it bounce back and fall to the ground.

drained from the tiredness from work, you're starting to become a bit emotional and easily agitated.

"this is not okay" you mumbled under your breath, picking up your phone and dialing in giselle's number.

"hello?"

"aeri? are you with karina?" you asked in a rushed manner, probably suprising giselle on the other line.

"uh,, not really. she's in her room and im in mine. are you good?"

"not really, she suddenly decided to not come over and she's been avoiding me" you sighed