winter | stay (pt.two)

genre ; angst
summary; you decided to listen to what winter has to say.

winter wonders if you you've ever regreted your decisions, if she's ever crossed your mind after that incident. surely life hadn't been treating her good ever since that night.

winter was hopeless, not knowing what to do and where to go in life now that she's lost you. tonight too, she's crying herself to sleep as the memories of you and her played around in her head like a film.

she glanced at the clock to see that it's already quarter past one, she knows how you usually go to sleep early but she wondered if you could sleep well without her by your side.

she found herself scrolling through her contact lists, finding your name. her thumb hovered over the call button. she bit her lip, holding back tears as she pressed the call button, her heart beating fast at the thought of hearing your voice again after so long.

"hello..?" your voice was weak, like someone had just suck out all of your energy.

"y/n..."

"..."

"were you sleeping?"

"no.."

"can i talk to you, just for a minute" winter shut her eyes as the tears that were welling at the brim of her eyes found their way down her cheeks.

you were silent, your heart shook as you hear her shaky voice. her tears were one of the things that has never failed to made you soft for her, so hearing her shaky voice was enough to imagine her crying face that made your heart weak. you did not have to listen to what she got to say to know the purpose of this call.

"why did you call?"

"because i can't do this without you y/n" she exhaled

"but i'm trying to move on.."

her heart broke into million pieces upon hearing those words from you. she hated that you were already trying to erase her from your memory meanwhile she couldn't even live a day without thinking of you.

"but it's only been two months.. how can you-"

"minjeong these two months have been so hard for me.."

"im sorry"

you let out a sigh as you wipe your tears using the sleeve of your hoodie after hearing her cry. you wanted her back too, but you don't know if it's the right thing to do or not.

"i know i'm selfish for this but— can we please meet up and talk things out" her voice shook as she took a deep breath.

"minjeong i don't know—"

"please! please .. just this one time i'm begging you y/n" her sobs alone was enough to break down all the walls you've been building when you're around her.

you didn't say anything and let out a sigh, but winter was quick to take it as a sigh of defeat and she knew immediately that she still has a chance with you, she knew what she was doing was very selfish but she couldn't stand losing you. and if she don't hold onto you now, she might lose you forever.

"im sorry, i- i will see you tomorrow "

and just like that she ended the phone call, you didn't know and wasn't sure of what had just happened but all you know for sure is that your heart still wants winter but your mind is saying no.

maybe she'll change this time..

you thought

but what if she ends up doing the same thing..?

-

it was almost 1pm when you entered the building of SM entertainment, with your whole identity covered from head to toe. you looked for the 1:1 vocal studio where winter had told you her whereabouts through text.

you don't know why you're even here, standing in front of the door that is seperating you and winter.

the moment you open the door you were met with the face of the girl that looked like she hadn't slept for days, with the computer screen shining on her face you could see the dried up tear stain on her face. but even with all of that, she is still the prettiest in your eyes.

"y/n.." winter mumbled as she stood up rather quickly. she took a couple of steps towards you as her hands looks like it was about to latch onto yours but the way you took a step back from her baffled her which made her nod slightly.

"sorry.." her eyes glued to the floor.

she sat down on the chair as you decided to sit right across her, your sigh filled the room once you made contact with the fluffy seat.

"did you drive here?" she tried to break the silence

"no, didnt feel like driving today" you replied which made winter nod lightly. then comes again the silence, which made you feel suffocated. you took a deep breath before deciding to break the cold atmosphere off

"minjeong whatever you have to say ple-"

"i'm sorry y/n—"

and just like that she broke down in front of you, her head hanging low as her shoulder shook aggressively. your heart crumpled as you felt stinging sensations in your own eyes. of course, you felt the urge to stand up and go comfort her.

but this time around you felt like you deserve the comfort more than her, all these while you've been patient with her and you're not going to cave in just because she cried.

"im very sorry— i've been treating you so badly and i didn't even realize, i was too caught up with my ego and pride" she wiped her tears that were flowing nonstop

"i'm sorry i called you at one in the morning, sobbing my sorry heart out- i just— i missed you so much—"

winter couldn't stand seeing you just staring at her without muttering a word, she wanted you to hug and comfort her so badly but she had no power over it. everything is up to you now, whether you want to forgive her and stay or to cut things off. winter was hoping the latter to not be your choice as she looks at you.

"minjeong—" the tears you were holding back finally escaped. winter's eyes looks for comfort in yours though it was impossible with everything that has happened between the both of you.

"im scared i might get hurt for the second time, i've had enoug-"

"i'll treat you better, i will— i will never put you through the same thing again j-just please—"

"i need you"

her red tired eyes looked into yours, the frown on her face causing your heart to burst into million pieces. you did not want to hurt her no more, and you know she feels the same too.

you stood up from your seat and walk towards her, reaching for her hand as you pull her up and into your body. you hugged her tight, as she grab a handful of your shirt sobbing intensely. the both of you stayed like that for a couple of minutes, winter kept you close to her. scared that she might lose you again. she pulled away, looking into your eyes as hers flowed with tears.

"i love you, so much. i will be better, for you and for us" she looked into your eyes, her thumb wiping your tears gently, tiptoeing before planting a gentle peck on your lips, she missed how soft your lips felt against hers.

you nodded slightly before you hook your finger under her chin and make her look up at you.

"thank you, minjeong"

she slightly tilted her head before you give her a kiss as tears rolled down to the sides of her face. you felt as if you're finally back to how you were, losing winter was the biggest pain you've ever felt but now that you're back with her, you felt alive. and so does winter.

this sucks T^T
this is why i never write two parts for one story because i dont know how to end it beautifully/properly jehdjs but anyways!! hope you guys enjoyed it <33