Chapter 17

Y/n woke up to her familiar surroundings, the empty dimed light hallways welcomed her once more as she got up from her spot. This time it was darker than normal which made it even more concerning. She realized she was outside the door she entered before, It was completely devoid of color, A big red blood X was written on it with a rusted handle. She shivered at the sight and decided to obey the sign. She turned around to see a new path appear from behind her. Hesitantly she proceeded on to the new path. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. It made her feel uncomfortable. She rounded a corner to find that the path was split into two ways, of course, she didn't need to choose. Above the door she was facing, was a red arrow pointing left. She assumed It was showing her the way so she went left. After walking for what seemed like hours, she was confronted by a green rusty door. Leaking from the broken wood was a luminescent green substance Y/n had never seen before. Without thinking, she reached for the handle, tuning it, and opened the door without a second thought. She wished she didn't. It was the same as before, except it was covered in green luminescent liquid in a few places. In the center this time a shadowy figure was in front of the surgical table.

The light flickered and the figure was gone. It was then that she could see the next victim. It was a teen with fully white hair wearing a black suit, white gloves, and shoes. There was a deep cut in the middle of his stomach and green luminescence oozed from the wound.

***

"Y/n Wake up!!!"

Y/n was woken up by Spongebob from her sleep. He sounds rather frantic? She groggily got up wiping the sleepiness off her eyes to face Spongebob who didn't look much better himself. He looked like a wreck, His clothes looked wrinkled, and his red necktie hung loosely around his neck. His hair was messy and He was clutching her shoulders rather tightly.

"Spongebob? What's wrong?" Y/n asked, still trying to wake up.

"It's Danny," Spongebob stated. "He's missing!"

"WHAT?!" Y/n Exclaimed, with all the air of sleepiness vanishing.

Timmy then entered the room. He must've heard Spongebob from his room.

"Spongebob, you could've just waited until y/n awake instead of forcing her to!" Timmy said sternly then turned to Y/n.

"But yes, We waited for Danny to return with the news while you were asleep. Unfortunately, it seems like he hasn't returned."

Y/n doesn't know what to think. First Jimmy, then Danny. Two of her dear friends, gone to who knows where.

"Don't worry we will find them, they can't have gone far. In the meantime..." Timmy trailed off, glaring back at Spongebob who was clutching Y/n's shoulders.

"Shouldn't you be making us something to eat?" Timmy ended, folding his arms and tapping the floor with his foot.

"R-right" Spongebob answered, releasing his grip to straighten his tie. He got off the bed and went past Timmy to the kitchen.

"Sorry we disturbed you, we will discuss our next course of action in the kitchen." Timmy said, closing the door behind him. Y/n could only bury herself in her pillow to cover her muffled sobbing. Y/n felt something prodding her side. Her face lifted from her pillow to see the kitten staring at her. She gave it a weak smile, petting its back.

"I can't give up yet.." Y/n said straitening herself up and wiping the tears from her eyes. She looked out the window with determination.

"Wherever you guys are, I won't give up until we find you."

~~~That Night~~~

Jimmy's POV

I reached down into Danny's Intestines as more ectoplasm splattered on the floor. Good thing I had my gloves on, though it's not harmful against my skin. It was a hassle trying to collect this substance, but it intrigued me That Danny would supply so much of it. I wiped most of the ectoplasm off my gloves and took out a fairy wand from my pocket. If my theory is correct, I'll need Astroterminological Cellular Mechanism (don't bother looking this up... xD) which allows materials to combine into a single cell. But who can contain that type of structure in their body? My fist pounded the table.

"Darnit! I'm so close to perfecting it. How can I possibly find someone who-"

I stopped. An idea flew into my mind.

"I think I know a person who does, It won't be easy. And I need to be discreet about it."

I looked over at the syringe. It was still filled with some ectoplasm, but it was also mixed with GHB. I picked it up grinning.

"This will do."

I put the syringe in my pocket and headed toward the door. Looking at the two leftover empty containment cylinders beside the occupied ones.

"Soon, This project will be a success."

~~~30 minutes later~~~

"Ugh! Stupid contraption!" Evil Jimmy cursed himself as he looked around the empty park. It has been a while since his encounter with his pathetic counterpart. And it was a weird one. So much so that it piqued his curiosity. He will never forget the painful days of building a transporting machine by himself. To make matters worse, despite testing it several times he ended up getting teleported more than 100 miles away from the location he set the dial at. He had to walk to the destination he was supposed to go to. It was getting dark and the fact that he didn't get respite wasn't helping the mood. It was a moonless night so less activity was taking place.

"I swear, I had better not come all this way for-" His grueling was soon stopped short. A few steps down the path, he spotted the very person he was looking for.

"It seems that my efforts weren't wasted after all."

As he got closer, he notice something different about him. It was his lab coat alright but he could see it was covered in splatters of something. It wasn't blood, at least he doesn't think so.

They both kept walking towards each other until they were a few inches apart.

"Never thought I would find you again, What? You decided that my side is stronger?" he mocked Jimmy with a smirk.

"You're not needed...you have bothered me for too long now.." Jimmy murmured.

Evil Jimmy's smirk vanished and was replaced with confusion.

"What are you talking about...?"

A grin slowly formed on his face and it wasn't friendly. It made Evil Jimmy rather uncomfortable which has never happened to him in his life. He started to sweat profusely when Jimmy looked up at him, dark bags were forming under his eyes. His pupils and his irises were smaller than usual.