♛ 𝕯𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕯𝖔𝖛𝖊 (𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖗)

✩•̩̩͙˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Fem!Reader is the oldest Stark child (18 years).

Set in Season 1.

When King Robert and Queen Cersei come to Winterfell, (Y/N) is starstruck at the sight of the woman. The queen's interest, too, has been sparked and she asks the shy girl to dance with her. They quickly realize that the music isn't the only thing in harmony here.

✩•̩̩͙˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙˚⁺‧͙·͙⁺˚•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

I sat beside my sister Sansa at the children's table, despite being 18 years of age, and watched her swoon over Joffrey.

"Watch out, you're drooling", I remarked dryly, causing Sansa to snap out of her fixation and look down at her plate in embarrassment, nudging me with an elbow for teasing her. But in truth, my own thoughts weren't with myself. I looked jealously over to my mother, who was sitting beside the queen.

The queen! I still couldn't believe the entire royal family was actually here. Our home had always seemed so secluded to me, we never got any southern visitors due to Winterfell being so far up in the North, far away from the more crammed kingdoms of the South. But the king and his retinue had made the long way up the Kingsroad to come here, to come to us.

Suddenly, my stare was met, and I looked away just as quickly as Sansa had. I supposed I really was no better than her, just another girl fantasizing over someone she couldn't have. With the slight difference that my sister at least had the benefit of her desired having the 'correct' gender.

But I couldn't change the essence of my thoughts: Cersei Lannister was the most beautiful woman I had ever met, and I had become infatuated with her the moment she had stepped out of that carriage, walked over to us and looked us over without saying a word. She was so... regal. Elegance incarnate.

That was why I couldn't quite believe my own eyes when Elegance Incarnate was standing in front of me all of a sudden.

"Hello, little dove", she said in a sweet, melodic voice.

I couldn't speak through the dryness that spread in my throat when I forced myself to look up at her without gasping.

She was still waiting for me to answer, smiling kindly as she looked down on me, hands folded in front of her. I tried to remember my courtesies. Should I stand up? No, it would be impolite to elevate myself to her level.

"Good evening, Your Grace", I croaked. "Are you enjoying the... evening?" Idiot, I hissed at myself in my head. Don't you know any other words?

But Cersei's smile widened. "More by the second", she murmured, more to herself, then she added, to me: "You live in an impressive castle. It's very beautiful up here in the North."

"Thank you, yes", I stuttered. "Cold, but beautiful."

The sparkle in Cersei's eyes was everything but cold. "So are the people, it would seem."

Sansa next to me had frozen completely, overwhelmed by the presence of the queen. I wasn't far from it, either, though for different reasons entirely. Had she meant to call me cold or beautiful? I decided to go with the latter, for wishful thinking's sake.

"Nothing compared to you, Your Grace", I hastened to respond, scrambling for words. "You're... ethereal."

Cersei chuckled softly, a pleasant, warm sound that chilled me to my bones all the same. "Ethereal? I can't say anyone's ever called me that. I thank you for your kind words, (Y/N)." My heart skipped a beat at the sound of my name in her mouth. Damned fool, I scolded myself. A goddamned jester in love with a goddess. The word 'love' came to me without thinking.