Beginnings

New school year. New opportunities. New possibilities. New people.

BELLA'S POV

Let's review the classes of the year so far, shall we? Okay so first block: Pre AP English 10. It's... Okay. The work doesn't seem super hard so far, I mean, the summer work was hell, but class work hasn't been that bad.
Second block: Math 2. Super easy as of now. I hate math because I can never understand what's going on, but I actually comprehend the concepts being taught this year.
Third block: Theatre. I honestly really enjoy it. And this new boy transferred into the class today, his name is Blake I'm pretty sure. And not gonna lie, he's really handsome. But we can talk about that later.
Fourth block: Health. I hate just about everyone in the class. I was assigned to a group of idiot boys and I just wish I could escape. It is what it is I guess.

At lunch I get to sit with my really close friend, Haley. Talking to her is so relieving and we come up with the silliest jokes. Turns out, she knows Blake. He is one of her brother's best friends so they have been around each other a lot.

*****

Today is Friday. A week has gone by and I find myself looking forward to theatre class everyday. I'm ashamed when I realize the reason why: I caught feelings for Blake.
In theatre we're working on skits, our finals for them are soon and Blake is having trouble with his lines. I just wish I could help him. I don't have any socials, but I know that Haley has Blake on snap so I asked her to give Blake my number and  him to text me so I can help with memorization. I would've given him my number at school, but that's way too scary.

At around 5:30 pm I get a text, "hey it's Blake". My heart starts pounding from a text message, I can't believe he has this much power over me. I respond back and a few texts in he asks if I have feelings for me. I drop my phone back into my pants pocket and disregard it. A few minutes go by and he texts me again so I have to answer even though I am unsure of how the outcome will be. I tell him the truth, I tell him that I really do like him. Once I tell him that he promises he won't tell anybody.

Really, that's all? 'I won't tell anyone, I swear' how about you tell me how you feel about me instead of leaving me guessing. You stupid, stupid boy. 

I brush it off and hope that things aren't awkward in class when we return to school on Monday after the weekend. Then, out of nowhere, I receive a compliment.
"I love your makeup and your hair is really cute too."
I feel myself start to blush as I text him a 'thank you'. Then the most unexpected thing happens: I get a text asking if I would like to start talking in a more than friends kind of way. I immediately tell him I would love to and try to contain my smile because I'm around my family and I don't need them wondering why I'm so happy all of a sudden.