Chapter 9. Stalker

I woke up with Michael still hovering over me. 'Jeez! Michael!' I swayed my legs over the edge and slid out of bed. It was like he hadn't moved a single inch. As if he had been standing there all night long, just watching me. Michael followed me calmly. My haze didn't matter to him; he caught up eventually. I bumped into him near the stairs. 'Michael, please... I can't have you stalking me all the time. It's creepy, and I am stressed out. One serial killer is bad enough, but two? I can't have more serial killers in my life right now.' He didn't respond. I ran my hand through my hair. 'Fine, let's have a look at your arm.' He followed me downstairs, and I gently pushed him down in the chair. He stabbed his knife into the table, and I decided not to comment on that, but if he keeps doing it, I might need a new table by the end of the year.

I looked at his arm. He didn't flinch, but he didn't like it if I touched him. 'I can't do this with my eyes, alright? You're the most complicated man I have ever met.' He snorted. 'And that's an understatement.' I sighed and unzipped his overalls. He tightly grabbed my wrist to the point he almost broke it. 'Michael, I need to look closer, please... let me at least try to fix what I did.' I heard him growl. 'Please, Michael.' He let go of my hand I managed to fix his nice muscles arm. I cleared my throat as I started to overthink it. I hadn't even noticed the intense stare Michael was giving me. As I noticed, I turned my head away to hide my blush.

He grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at him. 'Michael...' He kept holding my jaw painfully hard before he shoved me onto the table. I yelped. His hand moved towards my throat, and he squeezed. 'Michael... I said I was sorry. I didn't mean it–' I cut myself off. Maybe he's not mad about the fact I shot him but because I ran and left him behind. If he wanted me dead, he probably would've done that already in the awful way possible, so something else was on his mind. 'You want to talk about the drawing?' I choked out. He loosened his grip on my throat and stepped back. I rubbed the bruising. 'Now we are getting somewhere...' I muttered under my breath and sat down in the chair again. 'When we were kids... I didn't think that–' I cut myself off. Michael slightly tilted his head, waiting for me to continue.

'The reason I didn't came to visit you is because I was scared. You had absolutely no trouble in killing and you were my first best friends. The only friend I had, the only person I could talk to, share secrets with or mess around. I was devastated for years and I got bullied because I was the friend of a murder. I didn't have anyone and I cried because I missed you so much. Not the murderer, but the old 'you' the one that sneaked through my window at night to share candy and tell me scary stories. Now, you became a scary story and my head started to mess with me. I was scared and sad all at the same time. Now you don't even speak to me or take off your mask and I get your angry... I would be angry, but you can't entirely blame me. Just for the record, Loomis found me in your basement, I didn't escape. He said he wanted to show me something and before I knew...' I got up and paced around.

'He's obsessed with you.' He watched me pace around. 'Why aren't you talking?' I turned towards the 6'8 ft tall man. He didn't nothing. 'Michael, please... what do you want from me?' I whispered. There was a brief pause before he tightly grabbed my wrist again and pointed at the letter 'M' engraved in my skin. I'm his property. I am just a tool he came to collect. 'You're–' I cut myself off. 'We need to work things out, Michael. I know what you want...' I cut myself off. I couldn't choke out the words that were floating through my head. In fear he would hurt me or kill me if I would say it. He knows what I was about to say. I couldn't be with him. I am going to marry next summer. 'I am sorry, Michael.'

He lifted my chin again so I would look into his dark orbs. My breathing hitched, not because I was scared but I felt something different. Before I even knew, he pulled me in a hug. I didn't know why because I certainly didn't deserve it. It was somehow comforting. I didn't even know what was worse, the fact Loomis was chasing me and use me as bait for Michael or the fact I have an obsessive serial killer trying to win me over. I couldn't lie. He hadn't treated me horribly. My shock of being hugged by him changed into sadness and fear and I started crying. I tightly grabbed his overall and buried my face in his chest. Michael didn't nothing but just loosely hold me.

After I think ten minutes I calmed down and pulled away and turned. I wiped my tears away and took a few deep breaths. I needed to get my head straight again. I turned to face him. His calmness is creepy. It doesn't matter where I go or what I do, Michael will always come to chase me and if he finds Jack, I am sure he will murder him. I once made a commitment, and I had to stick to it, that's how he saw it. We were kids, of course I never imagined this would happen. 'Do you want to go to Hannibal's place?' I asked, trying to restore my peace. Michael shrugged and paced around a little bit. 'It's a house full of serial killers... I am not one of them, I am not a psychopath, Michael. If it's not you that gets me killed, then it's them.'

He gazed at me. 'How do you know you can trust Hannibal? What if he's deceiving you?' I wasn't sure what Hannibal's goal was, but it couldn't be good. 'How many times did you met him? Four times?' Michael shook his head. He had met him more often. 'It will be your decision,' I muttered, and turned back towards the kitchen to grab some food from the fridge. 'Have you even eaten last day?' Michael cocked his head to the side and gave one single shake of his head. 'Do you want some?' he shook again. 'Right...' I grabbed a few things and watched him pull his knife out of the table. 'You'd like me to make something and leave it so you can take it later?' There was a brief pause before he gave a nod. I guess he didn't want to take off his mask in front of me.

He watched me make waffles. 'What about Loomis? Did you kill him?' He shook his head again. 'So... he's most likely going to hunt us down together?' He nodded. 'Sweet... exactly what I needed.' Michael walked around the counter and grabbed both my hands, tightly. 'I don't want to go back there, Michael.' He shook his head firmly and pointed at himself with his knife. As if he was saying he was going to protect me. No doubt, but what if this all behind us?