Chapter 1- chocolate and introductions

September, 1971

Remus Lupin stepped onto the platform for the first time in his life. It seemed you had to jump through a brick wall to get in and he just made it in time.

His mum and dad kissed him on the head and helped him with his bags into the train.

He waved goodbye to his loving parents and tried to find a empty room on the train.

Eventually he came stumbling across one that seemed pretty quiet- there was only one person there and his nose was shoved up a book. Right up my alley thought Remus.

He opened the door "umm.. can I sit here?" He asked the young boy.

The boy had dark black hair and fair smooth skin. For a 11 year old he had sharp features on his face- his nose sticking straight out but yet was a smooth less blend to the rest of his features. His jawline jutted out making him look slim around the face. His cheek bones were also very visible like the bags under his eyes but yet he still looked.... Put together.

"Sure." Said the young boy.

"What's your name?" Asked Remus

"Sirius Black" the other said with a soft inviting smile.

"Nice to meet you" said bright eyed Remus.

"And yours?" Asked Sirius quirking an eyebrow.

"Remus Lupin" he said.

Just then two other young boys who looked to be about there age came bursting through the door- slamming it shut and crawling under one seat.

"Pete do you think she saw us?" Asked a boy with big rounded glasses.

"Nah we're all good" said another chubbier boy. The two gave each other a high five and crawled out from underneath there seat.

Remus and Sirius just sat there the whole time looking utterly lost and confused on what just happened.

"I geuss we should introduce ourselves.... My name is James Potter and this is my friend Peter Pettigrew." The boys both similed and waved.

Sirius was now staring mouth wide open "potter... like the potter family?!" He exclaimed

"Yea... what about it?" Asked James

"I- I- I have to go." Said the young black.

Sirius ran out in a hurry with all of his stuff. "Huh that was weird" said Remus.

"I'm Remus lupin pleasure to meet you guys" said the green eyed boy.

"Hi Remus!! Who was that person that just ran out?" Asked the Potter.

"I think he said his name was Sirius? Black maybe?" Remus replied

"Like the black family?! The heir of their fortune?!" Said James with a look of shock on his face.

"Um I guess? I'm not to good at this whole who is who family thing" said Remus with a chuckle.

"Oh. That's no problem let's just not even worry about him" said potter with a carting smile.

"Ok!" Remus explained.

After about an hour or two of just talking they all decided that they were gonna split the candy Peter and James stole from the trolley.

The boys let Remus have the first pick and of course his pick was a rich dark chocolate candy bar.

As the boys were eating though, Lupin couldn't stop his mind from thinking about one thing and one thing only. Sirius black.

"GRIFFINDOOR" the hat yelled out for James Potter. I knew it just like dad! He's gonna be so proud of me thought James.

And then the next name was called "Peter pettigrew." Said a young nice looking witch.

Now, Peter had always been scared of large crowds but somehow this scared him even more. He was shaking as he slowly made it up to the hat.

There was a pause and then.. "GRIFFINDOOR"  it yelled. Peter took a sigh of relief and went to go sit down.

The next was Remus and the hat was stuck trying to decide on griffindoor or raven claw. Only a few more minutes until "GRIFFINDOOR" was yelled out amongst the children.

There was another couple names called until one popped up he recognized "Sirius Black"
Said the witch.

"The Black family are notoriously Slytherin. He will get in for sure." James whispered to Remus.

When the hat was put on Sirius' head it took only a few seconds to decide. "GRIFFINDOOR"

The whole great hall went silent. Sirius was frozen in time he couldn't move everyone's voices became a blur. He slowly got up looking like a zombie and walked to the very last seat of the Griffindoor table.

As Sirius walked in the house he found a cozy common room filled with red and gold decor. The fire was going and the smell was musky and dense.

Sirius eventually found his way up to his dorm and crawled into his new bed. The young black closed his eyes and his last thought before slumber was of the boys he had met in the train compartment, all he could hope was that they were accepting enough to be able to talk to him and maybe just maybe make some new friends.

Oh to hell with everything- he got into griffindoor his parents are going to hate him- what's the problem with having just one more thing that he would get a beating for at home. Thank god he wasn't going home for Christmas.