f o u r ▪︎ m i x e d f e e l i n g s

Jack would not, in fact, receive a message from Mr Soot for another four hours. Since his departure, Jack had finished off both of their beverages and taken a lengthy walk through the town centre in the Autumn sunshine before finally heading home, expecting a spam of texts from his companion but instead being greeted with no notifications. There was however, a friendly figure waiting to bombard him with questioning.

"Jack!" Becky barged into his 'office', wrapping her arms around her lover in a too-tight embrace. Sweat dripped from her forehead and her dimples rose in elatement before her brows furrowed at the boy's stern expression. "What? What did that man say to you?" Her voice raised, tone constraining.

"Gee, relax Bex! He just wished to discuss business, thats all." He gently pushed his partner off of his chest, raising his hands up. "I'm just a bit weary. I went on a walk aswell you know?"

"With..him?" She questioned, getting somewhat defensive.

"Oh, nah. He had to leave for a meeting... or something or other, he didn't really say." Jack seemed nonchalant to Becky's concern, shrugging her off.

"Sure." She went to turn around but paused, giving him a stare. "And what exactly..was this business he wanted with you, Jack?"

"Just wanted a collab. Does it matter?"

She scoffs, and looks the boy up and down. "Uh yeah, of course it matters babe. Have you forgotten I'm your editor? You could have at least asked me."

"You and Kai are my editors," he corrected her "but it's my channel, and Wil is my friend. Relax, its not like he's going to replace you or anything, so calm yourself." Becky winced at hearing him throw that nickname so casually. Jack wasn't the most affectionate person, so listening to that intimacy being shown towards a man whom she was not particularly fond of hurt. He turned around to sit down in his desk chair, blissfully unaware of the pain on his lover's face. "Now if you'll excuse me I've got work to get done. Love you." Not even looking at her. Becky shuffled back into the hallway, bittersweet, noticing that Jack had not given her a signature kiss goodbye.

"Fucking finally," he thought to himself, leaning back and relaxing in place. He booted up his laptop, opening discord right away.

Wilbur#0743

August 10th, 15:35.

JackSucksAtLife
Wil?

15:40.
Wilbur you there?

The composed boy was still offline. "Fuckk...he should be home by now." He pushed the thought away for a while longer, instead deciding to look over his recent footage whilst waiting. His latest video was only a simple geoguesser game, to pad the view count for one of his alternate channels, JackSucksAtGeography. Basic, but it'd do. But that was boring content to check over, he has editors for a reason after all. So instead, he turned to an older video..the very sequel to the video that started his and Wilbur's original ARG saga. The video, for the most part, was pretty usual to his regular content from the those years, yet he'd be lying if he said he didn't crack a smile when Wilbur's face first popped onto the screen. His tall figure stepping into frame next to the bright burning embers of a fire lit in a to-this-day undisclosed location. The quaint set-up surrounding him as he easily pushed his glass further up the bridge of his ever so slightly crooked nose. It was beautiful, the way the ash rose up in front of his face as he sat on that rusted barrel, speaking so softly, yet with that same sense of urgency as always. 

"I haven't got a song for you."

And while at the time that Jack in the video had been glad to not hear another, now had he never wished more that he had heard his voice like that again. And yes, he might've made a successful music career since, but that was.. different. It just wasn't as personal as when he was the only listener. Oh well...

Ding! His monitor alerted him, interrupting his bittersweet daydreams as Wilbur sent him a new message.

16:15.
Wilbur
Jack Massey Welsh. Apologises to keep you waiting.

JackSucksAtLife
Who's late now motherfucker? ;)

Wilbur
Childish, as usual, I see. 

JackSucksAtLife
You love me.

Wilbur
Did you want me to send you the analytics we talked about? Or just further discuss our partnership? :)

Jack blushed at the screen, though quickly wiped the stupid look on his face. A smiley face? So unusual yet flattering of his new co-worker. What would Becky say if she happened to walk in at this very moment? He dreaded the thought, her jealous was worrisome. The reaction to Kai's banter with him when they were first editing.. God it was tense. He brushed the thought away as he typed out a reponse.

JackSucksAtLife
Partnership, you say?...