Preface

Welcome, dear person! I request you to read this in full before proceeding to the chapters beyond, as there are some important things here.

This is a Krishna x OC book. My OC does not come from any tale with scriptural or folktale basis, thus she is my creation entirely.

I do not intend to offend anyone by writing this book, so if this is unsuited for your taste, kindly click away. This book is not for those who desire a protagonist who is the very form of Maa Lakshmi and is virtuous, because my OC is anything but these qualities. I will be dealing with a couple of dark themes here, (not fully dark but still so) so this may not suit your preferences. I do not wish for anyone to read anything that may upset them.

Some content warnings are required here: murder, medium gore, implied sexual content.

This will not be the usual journey of an amsha of Lakshmi discovering her past and falling in love with Krishna, because this takes place in different circumstances entirely. Rather, it is a book about healing and new beginnings, and a complex philosophical question to which there have been unsatisfactory answers: can you forgive a murderer?

This book does proceed with the belief that every wife of Krishna (not including my OC) is a form of Lakshmi herself. The other major characters of Mahabharata like the Pandavas and Kauravas will not appear in this book at all, and major events will only be referred to in the background, as the setting of this book is in Dvaraka entirely. However the Ashtabharya will play an important role, so worry not!

This book is set around the Rajasuya Yajna timeline of the Mahabharata, and while I am aware that Dvaraka was attacked by Shalva, due to the death of Shishupala at the hands of Krishna, please consider that that battle happens after the close of this book.

And there is nothing else, so thank you for bearing with my rambling and I hope you enjoy this book! It is complete so there are no more updates.