The Intruder

(Y/n)'s POV

"And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the King of Demons," Luz says, recording King on her phone. " facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock."

A ducky sock is currently stuck on King's face, but then he uses the claws on his feet to rip up the sock, ans then proceeds to stomp on the remains. "Where are you now, ducky sock?!"

"So, why'd you call us here again?" I ask, currently in the process of reading more of The Emperor's Coven.

"Oh, yeah." King climbs up a chest, "Humans Luz and (Y/n), you've been so obsessed with witchcraft and books that you haven't learned anything about my kind."

"Prepare yourself for..." He pulls a tarp off of a board."...Demons 101!"

I close my book and decide to listen, seeing as information like this could actually be useful one day.

"Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone." King explains.

"And cute little paws." Luz adds.

King sighs, "And cute little paws. True."

"We live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weakness are purified water and passive-aggressive comments...sometimes."

"So, in other words." I state. "You guys are sensitive."

"Even demons have inner demons." King admits.

He rips a picture off the board, revealing a poster of a demons with a shell. "The most powerful demon of all is the Snaggleback. He is a..."

"Bad boy." Luz interrupts.

"Luz, pay attention. This information could save your life one someday." King tells her.

"No, no. I am so paying attention." Says Luz as she tries to look serious. "This is my paying attention face. Mmm-hmm. Mmm-hmm. Mmm-hmm."

Lightning suddenly crashes outside the house.

"Uh-oh, looks like it's gonna rain." King sighs.

Luz gasps. "I love the rain."

"Hey, wait!" King and I call.

The Boiling Isles has boiling water, therefore it has boiling rain.

"Luz, get back in here!" I yell, standing in the doorway.

"Boiling rain. Everybody inside now." Eda shouts as she runs towards the house.

She grabs Luz and I move out of the way as she practically throws her inside.

Eda let's out a breath of relief, "That was close. But the important thing is you didn't get hurt."

Luz, who had crashed into King's demons lesson, groans. "Yep. Not hurt."

I chuckle and help her up. Afterwards, we sit outside and watch Eda put up a force field around the house.

King put a bandaid over the burn Luz got from the rain and then puts a bandaid on his noise, "Look, now we're boo-boo buddies."

Luz squeals and falls on her side, "Oh, my gosh. I love you so much."

"No fair." I grumble.

King places a bandaid on my cheek and I smile, "Thanks, buddy."

"A boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles." Luz states. "The weather here is so fun."

"Fun?" I question. "Getting hit with boiling rain isn't fun. I am so glad the weather in the human world is normal."