Covention

(Y/n)'s POV

Eda is selling human stuff today, even though there isn't anyone around, which is weird.

Luz reads her Azura book to King while I read one of his demon books to myself.

The Slitherbeast a huge yeti-like monster, as its body is covered by white fur. Its claws, which have no fur, are purple. Many light yellow sharp teeth can be seen when its mouth opens, which reveals two blue eyes on the gums.

Slitherbeasts are a carnivorous beast-type demon species that is mainly native to the snowy regions of the Knee.

Welp, I wasn't going to the knee anytime soon, and now I never will.

I hear Eda groan, "Please stop reading that. It's flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all our serious customers."

I close my book and snort, "What customers?"

"There aren't even any other stands around." Luz adds. "What's going on?"

Eda's eyes narrow, "This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today."

"Luz, something amazing us happening today." Gus says as he and Willow seemingly pop up from nowhere.

Luz smile."Gus, Willow. Hey."

Willow holds up a poster, "It's the annual covention. Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year."

I gasp and grab my hair in irritation, "That's today?! Ugh, I knew I should have checked out that Coven book from the library!"

"A job fair for witches." Luz states. "Eda can we go?"

"Absolutely not." Eda declines.

Luz and I dramatically groan, slipping onto the floor.

"I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure, it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system." Eda explains.

Willow groans and Eda shrugs, "Eh, but, you know, no judgement. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls."

"We?" I question as I get up.

Eda's eyes widden,"I mean..."

Luz also gets up from the ground, "Who's 'we'? You have a mysterious past. Now we gotta go."

"No." Eda declines again.

"Okay. Then you leave us no choice." Luz looks over to King and he pulls out Luz's Azura book and starts reading.

"You shall not shan't doeth no more harm,' Azura callethed out..."

Eda groans, "So flowery, so awful."

She tries to escape to the human realm, but I just throw King in with her.

She came back right after, "Stop it. Stop it. I will literally do anything to stop this."

(Timeskip)

We are now at the Covention!

Eda groans before trying to put her hood over her head, "Gotta keep a low profile."

Luz grunts, trying to help her, "Is this cowl really necessary?"

"Do you think all my wanted posters are for petty theft?" Eda questions.

Just then, a bunch of items fall out of her cowl and I look at her with raised eyebrows.

"Partly." She says. "But the big whammy is I disobeyed the law and refused to join a coven. If I'm seen, I could go to jail. Again."