one

Brianna Wells, lived in Forks her entire life, grew up around Chief Swan due to her father also being a police officer. As she got older, she's grown... fond of Charlie. She noticed this when she would spend the summers at the Swan house up until a few years ago. But when she started high school, and driving, she realized she passes the police station every morning. So she had started stopping for coffees, same three every morning. One for her, her father, and of course, Charlie. Each morning the two had the same interaction. Except this morning, Bella Swan was coming back later in the afternoon. "Morning, Chief." Brianna says, handing him the coffee. He smiles, catching her arm before she leaves.

"I'm, uh, picking up Bells later today. Would you like to come with?" She grins, nodding. "I'd love to." Brianna and Bella have been in contact through email since Renee, Charlie's ex wife, moved and took Bella with her. Charlie nods, letting her go. "You headed to school?" He asks, taking a sip of the coffee. "I'd rather not, but yes." She's a year older, therefore a grade above Bella. She graduates this year. "Wanna do some paperwork instead? Would Bill mind?" He questions and she shrugs. "Would Bill mind what?" Her father asks as he walks over, taking the coffee from Brianna. He figured he'd find her with the Chief. "If Bri did paperwork here." Charlie says. "Instead of school? She's always complaining about school so I don't see why not."

Bill ruffles his daughters hair, laughing when she pouts. "Have fun." He walks away after kissing her head. "What do you want me to do?" She asks Charlie, standing nervously. "Well, have a seat, for one." He chuckles, finding her apprehension to sit beside him quite charming. He pulls a chair over, motioning to it. She sits, setting her coffee on his desk. As they work, he notices little things she does. Her right leg bounces when she focuses, her eyes dart back and forth between him and the papers as she tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. If she weren't so young he'd think she looks rather... breathtaking. He shakes his head. She's practically a daughter to him. He watched the girl grow up for God's sake.

Watched her grow into the woman she is. She pushes her hair behind her ear, focusing on the page, yet again, tugging her lip between her teeth. His watch beeps and he stands. "Ready to go get Bells?" "Let me tell my dad. Are we taking the cruiser?" She asks. He nods. "Of course." She laughs. "I'll meet you at the cruiser." He nods again, grabbing his jacket and walking out. After talking to her dad, Brianna walks out as well, shivering when the air hits her. Her jacket was thinner than she though. As soon as they're in the cruiser, Charlie notices the girl's shiver and blasts the heat. She smiles thankfully at him. They mostly talk about how school's going for her as they drive to the airport. "You're on track though?" "Yes, Chief, I'm on track to graduate."

She laughs. He smiles at the sound of it. At the airport, they both climb out, Charlie wrapping his jacket around the girl when she shivers again. "You're gonna catch cold." She scolds, taking it off. "I'm fine." He chuckles. "Charlie." Her voice is firm as she holds the jacket out to him. He smiles, they go back and forth for a minute before someone gasps. "Brianna?" Brianna turns around laughing when Charlie wraps the jacket around her again. "Isabella?" Brianna sarcastically questions. Bella grins. They share a quick hug before grabbing Bella's bags, shoving them in the trunk/backseat of the cruiser. The drive back from the airport is silent until Charlie says, "Your hair's longer." "Hm. I cut it since the last time I saw you." Bella says. "Guess it grew out again."

Brianna stifles a groan at how awkward their interactions are. She catches Charlie's eyes in the mirror and quickly looks away, trying to force down a blush. He almost chuckles, covering it with a cough. They pull up to the Swan house and Brianna pulls out her phone, texting her dad that they were back before helping Charlie grab Bella's bags. "Let me-" "You already gave me your jacket, let me help." She says dismissively. He smiles softly, shaking his head. "Fine." Once inside, he takes them from her. "I've got it from here." He says. She goes to protest when he sends her a look that makes butterflies swarm in her stomach. The only difference about these butterflies is they had switchblades for wings, tearing her up inside. Her best friend's dad.