three -edited-

The next morning, Brianna got the coffee after making a small breakfast, knowing Charlie probably hasn't eaten. "Morning, Chief." She sets the tinfoil wrapped plate down. "What's this?" "Breakfast." She smiles. He looks up at her, a smile playing on his lips. "You made this?" "I woke up early." She shrugs. Lie, she woke up late but wanted Charlie to know she was there for him. He grins, pulling a chair over. "Sit." He says. "I gotta get to school." "I'll talk to your dad. Sit." He says again. She laughs, sitting. "When I'm in trouble, I'm blaming you." "Fair." He states. She reaches into her bag, pulling out the utensils as he unwraps the plate. They talk as he eats before Bill comes over. "Shouldn't you be at school, young lady?" He raises a brow playfully.

Brianna laughs. "Charlie said he'd talk to you. But he only got as far as the breakfast." "You made him breakfast? No fair." Bill pouts causing her laugh again. "I'll make dinner for us tonight." She says, shaking her head. The day goes by slowly when she leaves the station. The following day, Bella invites Brianna over to fill her in on what she's been missing with her and Edward. She shows up just as Billy and Jake do. She nods at them, leaning against the orange truck as Charlie walks over. "Vitamin R." He says before his eyes slowly scan up Brianna's body. "Well done, Chief. Harry Clearwater's homemade fish fry." Billy hands the bags to Jake as Charlie sets the beers in his lap. Charlie starts to push his chair as he stares Bella down.

"Any luck with that Waylon case?" "Well, I don't think it was an animal that killed him." Charlie says, glancing at Brianna at his side. "Never thought it was." Billy states. "Spread the word out on the Rez, huh? Keep the kids outta the woods." "Will do. Don't want no one else getting hurt, do we?" Billy says as Brianna quickly walks up the stairs to get the door for Charlie. He smiles thankfully at her. She tries to force down a blush, looking away from him. Billy smirks, noticing the way the two look at each other. He thought Charlie'd never move on from Renee. But seeing him with Brianna is like a breath of fresh air. It's obvious to everyone, but the two, of course, that they like each other, they just won't admit it.

Bella and Jake go upstairs, talking amongst themselves as Brianna sits beside Charlie on the couch. He glances at her, a smile playing on his lips. He leans back, setting his arm on the back of the couch. Carefully, she leans back, just barely leaning into his side. He quickly drops his arm from the couch to her shoulders. Billy watches from the corner of his eye, smirking again. Halfway through the game, Charlie gets up to get a beer from the fridge. When he gets back, he sits closer to Brianna, boldly wrapping his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his side. She immediately goes red, looking up at him. He smirks lightly, pulling her tighter to him. She gets comfortable, leaning into him with his arm tight around her. Her eyes start to close as she sits.

She feels safe with Charlie, at peace. He holds her closer when she falls asleep, her hand on his chest as she's buried in his side. Billy looks at Charlie before glancing at Brianna. "You like the girl." "I can't." Charlie says. "What's stopping you?" "She's my daughter's best friend. One of my coworker's daughters. I can't." He grumbles, shaking his head. "She's an adult, Charlie. You can't deny yourself because of small complications." Billy states. "Small complications? I watched her grow up. I've been friends with her dad since high school." Charlie looks down at her, a smile gracing his lips as he sets his hand over hers. "Plus, she's eighteen. I'm forty one. She isn't interested in me." He says.

Billy drops the conversation, wishing he could smack some sense into Charlie. After the sun had set, Brianna wakes up in a bed, confusion taking over. She scans the room over, small triangle banners of sports teams litter one wall and pictures litter another. A closer look at the pictures tells her this is Charlie's room. Her face goes red as she stands, walking out. "Charlie?" She calls softly, walking into the living room. From his spot on the couch, he turns, looking at her. "Hey." He greets. "You could've woke me up." She jokes. "You looked tired. I wanted to let you sleep." He says, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. She sits beside him, kissing his cheek softly. "Thank you." He grins, looking over at her. "Any time, little one." She smiles, looking down.