Impossible

"No. It's impossible." Klaus calmly told his brother, who must have clearly been under someone's spell.

"I said the same thing myself," Elijah countered.

"This is a lie. You are all lying," he accused those standing around him. He already had too much to worry about. This impossible thing could not be on his plate. Not right now. "Vampires cannot procreate."

"But werewolves can," Sophie Devereux reminded him. "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind. And this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes."

Klaus had had it. Why wouldn't they let this go. In his fury, he turned to the one at the center of it all. "You've been with someone else, admit it!"

"Hey, I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby," Hayley defended herself. As if she would go through this misery silently, when he was the one who had put her in this situation. "Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?"

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. We can keep them safe. Or we can kill them," the witch finally revealed her plans for the city, threatening Hayley.

"Wait, what?"

"Enough of this," Elijah demanded. "If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself."

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules."

Elijah waited for Klaus's reaction, as the hybrid was not used to having rules placed on him. "How dare you command me," he began calmly, before unleashing his true emotions, "threaten me! With what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. I will kill her myself!" Klaus proved his intention by pining Hayley to the wall by her throat.

"Niklaus!" Elijah ripped his brother off the woman carrying his family's heir. "Listen."

Following Elijah's determined look, Klaus tuned his hearing to listen to what wasn't obvious to the others. Klaus heard the sounds of the woman's womb, then got to hear his child's heart beating. This didn't help, anyone. He couldn't have a child when he was on the brink of war.

Klaus swallowed his emotion, putting on an indifferent expression. "Kill her, and the baby. What do I care?" He said and left, removing himself before he could have the chance to give in.

Once the witches were left on their own, they received divine revelation from the other side. They needed the baby alive, but Hayley wasn't the safest place for it. The revelation showed them where they could move the baby; a body which Klaus wouldn't dare hurt himself let alone allow others.