Haven

It was the third week of college and Caroline was getting late for class. She hadn't even made it out of bed. After
her second period, Bonnie still hadn't seen her friend around, and returned to their dorm to check on her. Bonnie entered the room already set to scold the vampire, but changed her mind.

"Caroline!" Bonnie yelled, in concern rather than anger.

Caroline was rolling uncomfortably in bed, trying to find a good temperature while her body was sweating.

"Caroline, wake up!" Bonnie shook her, altering the room's temperature to provide her relief.

"Ungh!" Caroline groaned, trying to expand her limbs to try and get away from the source of her misery.

Caroline's bit, Bonnie texted, and Elena was in the room five seconds later.
"What? How?" Elena asked, as she pressed cold compresses to Caroline.

"I don't know! Can't even find a bite mark on her."

As if to give them a clue (they missed),
Caroline threw up; blood included.

"Well, if it's werewolf venom, then there's only one cure," Elena reminded Bonnie as they cleaned up.

The witch agreed, "And if it wasn't, he'd want to know if something was wrong with Caroline."

Elena nodded and got Caroline's phone.

Caroline's been bitten - E

She texted and set aside the phone to help her best friends.

"I don't see a bite on her anywhere, Elena confirmed. "Is there anything you can do to make her less miserable while we wait?"

Bonnie put down the cold rag. "If you can get me a cadaver from the biolab, brain included-

A body was in the room before Bonnie could explain.

"Alright then, hope this works," Bonnie and Elena crossed fingers before the witch started her spells.

Elena texted the rest of the gang while Bonnie worked on shifting Caroline's consciousness into the cadaver. While Bonnie was mentally inside her best
friend, she caught hint of something else being in her as well.

A cry rang out in the room and Bonnie's eyes opened. She turned to Elena before the two jointly looked at the now animated dead body.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" Caroline asked about her sickly condition, before realizing her new predicament. "Ugh, ew! Why do I sound like...this?!" The body voiced Caroline's dialogue.

"Well, it was either this, or that," Elena pointed to the blonde vampire's sweating body.

"And it won't be for long, I'm sorry. It's only going to last an hour, if we're lucky," Bonnie told her.

"Well, Klaus better get his ass here on time, or I am going to kill him... If he's lucky!"

Hearing the heavy male complain like a pageant queen was hilarious to everyone else in the room, and Elena and Bonnie couldn't help it.

"There's no weres on Whitmore," Damon informed them as he and Stefan vamped in.

"What's with the dude?" Stefan asked, pointing at the naked man standing in the girls' dorm.

The man looked down on himself and shrieked, pulling the closest duvet to cover herself. "Don't. Look."

The Salvatore brothers looked at each other to confirm their realization. "Caroline."

Damon laughed and Stefan tried to stifle in respect of Caroline's misery. "So, we figure out what's up?" Stefan asked.

"Well, if I had to guess, I'd say someone injected her with werewolf venom," Bonnie suggested.

"Maybe one of the Whitmores is studying it."

"I am going to kill him," Caroline growled.

"Already on it," Damon said, winking.

Elena turned to Damon, questioning his comment, but that was a problem for another day.

The zombie groaned, slowly starting to feel the vampire's pain as her consciousness was slowly slipping back. "Bonnie!" Both bodies whined, and Caroline writhed in pain as she was wholly back. Caroline again attempted to move her body away from the centralized zone of pain, but she wouldn't find relief until Klaus would get here.

It was passing almost an hour of Caroline being in misery and making those around her miserable.

"Bon...?" Damon pleaded.

"I don't know what's wrong with her. But, there's..."

"Where is she?!" Her revelation was cut off as the original hybrid finally joined them.

"Klaus..." Caroline said weakly, but he heard her loud and clear, of course. Klaus was going to vamp across the room but another flash got in his way, pinning him back near the door.

Klaus's eyes shifted in warning and the other vampires were standing ready to fight before Klaus was pinned to the wall by Elijah.

"I warned you!" Elijah scolded his little brother. "I advised you! She was your last hope! Our family's last.."

"I haven't touched your little wolf!" Klaus pushed Elijah off. "If you haven't noticed, I'm a little preoccupied. Whatever happened to Haley is not my fault nor my problem."

"She's not pregnant anymore," Elijah quickly revealed the issue to keep Klaus's attention. The hybrid looked to his elder brother, responding to the revelation, but something else pulled his ear.

"But Caroline is," Bonnie finally said it out loud and all the eyes in the room turned to her.

"I... thought vampires can't procreate," The youngest vampire asked, confused.

Klaus was too busy hearing Caroline's heart rate drop, and ignored Elena to go help apparently his new baby mama. He bit his own wrist and helped Caroline feed.

Elijah watched his brother care for the blonde. "You would never hurt Caroline."

Klaus looked at Elijah through a side eye as he peeled Caroline's hair from her sweaty neck, kissing her head.

"So... the baby magically moved from Haley to Caroline?" Stefan asked.

"There are witches involved. They need the child alive. And since Klaus would harm Haley himself, they moved it to a... safer location. A haven, so to say," Elijah pointed his palm at Caroline.

"Clearly they didn't consider the tiny fact of her being a vampire," Damon pointed out.

"Why do witches need the baby anyway?" Elena asked.

"Witches have rituals," Bonnie gravely revealed. "They might plan to use it somehow."

Klaus's eyes deepened at the thought of someone hurting the child he didn't care for two days ago.

"What the fuck are you all doing down in the swamps?" Damon asked.

"War."