↠Chapter 15↞

Shoto POV

I stiffened up like a statue, looking down at her from the corner of my eye warily, the movie didn't even matter anymore. It felt as if, even if I take or let out a breath, I could wake her up. So I didn't dare take one. Should I move her? I was a bit reluctant but I don't know If she'd be okay with it if she woke up, and she'd probably also worry about it.

I generally don't know much about what to do and what not to do, I've only been going by following Rin and my instincts... and everything Kaminari and Sero have been 'teaching' me...? Sometimes the knowledge they try to impart is too much for me so I've been ignoring some of it. Sorry Sero, Kaminari. On the other hand I feel like I've been getting some mean glares at the back of my head too these days.

I very carefully lowered my shoulder slightly to see if she'd wake up. She didn't wake up even after I moved slightly so I relaxed with a sigh. She looked so peaceful while she slept.

I noticed that for the past two weeks she would often have an almost sad look in her eyes, and the tiredness in her eyes and voice that was noticeable. When I asked her about it she said that it was because of school work and everything that's happening and with Midoriya too. I hope it is just that, then again I couldn't think of what else it could be. She shouldn't stress herself so much. I don't know what to do but I wish I could ease her burden a bit.

I took the laptop that was in between us and put it on my lap and brought her hands up over my neck and with one of my hands supporting her back and under her legs I put her down to sleep on her bed carefully.

I was close enough that I could feel her soft breathing as I laid her properly on her bed. I probably shouldn't do this and touching her without her permission but I couldn't leave her in that position such that her back and neck could hurt. I'll apologize tomorrow.

I closed the window on her laptop, but before I shut it down I saw a locked folder that said 'HA' on it. "HA?" I mumbled. I was curious and the cursor was pointing at the folder that was unusually encrypted.

I shut the laptop right after that, I can't snoop on her computer, it wasn't right. But what would she want to hide on her personal laptop?

No, everyone has their personal things. It could just be anything and I had no right. Maybe it's just something she didn't want to show us or maybe from her work study, oh right, 'Hawks Agency', 'HA'.

"I'm so stupid" I whispered, I shouldn't even be thinking about something like this. I know wouldn't like it if someone snooped on my laptop. Although it was by chance that I came across it, I felt horrible for thinking of anything remotely suspicious.

I put the laptop back on her desk. Right as I shut the lights and was about to leave I looked back at her one last time with the milky soft moonlight curtaining from the window. Her verdant hair was spilling on her face but something inside me jumped at the almost ethereal image that I wouldn't want to disturb except one thing. Subconsciously I stepped back towards her and was about to push her strands back with my right, then realizing it'd probably be cold I stopped and switched to my left.

My right side and left aren't particularly that cold or warm but it could be relatively felt. Mom, Fuyumi and Natsuo apparently also have slightly cold bodies but they don't feel it with their resistance, according to the old man.

I never experienced it directly with them except mom and of course he naturally has a higher body temperature like a- like he walked right out of a sauna he created with his own short tempered flames. There was one person I couldn't know about now even if I tried, I don't even remember him that much.