Chapter 10: Sweet Tooth

"Open your mouth just... a liiiiittle wider."

Ciel narrowed his eyes at the blonde sitting in front of him, grunting slightly. Alois was putting no effort into this whatsoever, honestly... the least he could've done is try a little harder than that. Alois opened his mouth wider, speaking through his wide-open mouth, his words almost inaudible.

" Stop teasing! Give it to me already!"

Ciel grinned, letting out just a little laugh.

"Do you reeeeally think you deserve it?"

The blonde nodded his head very quickly, as eager as he could possibly be. Ciel hummed indecisively, finally giving in and giving the blonde exactly what he wanted. He took the fork in his hand that was filled with a rich, chocolate cake and brought it up to Alois's mouth, feeding it to him due to the fact it was quite difficult for him to feed himself. Alois munched on his cake, closing his eyes in and elegant and content manner. It'd been a while since he'd eaten anything as sweet as that, and damn, did it taste food. He'd nearly forgotten how much of a sweet tooth he had, maybe even worse than Ciel.

They'd been walking around the manor talking all day long already, and Ciel had the idea to get something sweet. So of course, he had all the servants chip in and make a big chocolate cake for he and the blonde to greedily devour. The blunette watched Alois, taking joy in how much the blonde boy seemed to be enjoying his sweet little treat.

"Are you happy now?"

Alois grinned and crossed his arms victoriously, nodding to his friend once again.

"Quite."

He spoke with confidence in his voice, the old confidence that he'd always had. Alois had changed since yesterday's meeting with him, but Ciel liked it. He liked being able to see the blonde boy so sure of himself like that, so confident and fun-loving. Hell, if he didn't have to be led around everywhere, he could easily have been mistaken for just a normal child living a normal life. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Personally, Ciel loved being around him... he wouldn't lie. He loved being there by the blonde's side. God only knows why, but... There was something about being around him that made Ciel's heart go crazy. He glanced at the blonde's face and sighed, seeing chocolate at the corners out of his mouth. He grabbed a handkerchief out of his pocket and dabbed it against Alois's face, shaking his head.

"Honestly, such a messy eater... how did this even happen, hm? I only gave you one bite."

Alois shrugged and smiled. It was a mystery how in the world he happened to make messes so easily. And this wasn't just because he was blind. He'd actually always been like this, for years and years... he just always had a way of tripping and messing things up. But, to be honest... Ciel thought it was pretty cute.

"Young master... It's about time we leave."

Sebastian poked his head through the door of the dining room with hesitation, knowing that interrupting him while he was with Alois could possibly be dangerous.... considering how he reacted when Sebastian had mentioned to him the previous day. Hannah stood beside him with a smile on her face, ready to collect her master from the blunette's hands. Ciel frowned for a moment, then he looked over to Alois, who had a pouting look on his face. Of course he didn't want Ciel to leave just yet, but then again, he knew good and well that he had things to get done. Ciel tucked the handkerchief back into the breast pocket of his jacket and huffed, standing up from his chair.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Alois... How about I come a little earlier and we eat breakfast together, hm? I'm sure we could convince Claude and Sebastian to make us some waffles, what do you think?"

Alois smiled and clapped his hands together, nodding quickly as his mess of blonde hair flipped and flopped, beginning to look messy from all that nodding.

"That would be perfect! I'm looking forward to it already."

Ciel began walking to the door and Hannah stepped out of the way, walking towards Alois to make sure he had to company he needed. Ciel looked back at him and smiled, beginning to walk out the door.

"Goodbye, Alois."

Alois's cheeks suddenly turned just a little pink as he opened his mouth to speak, waving goodbye towards Ciel.

"Goodbye, Ciel... I love you. "

Ciel disappeared from the door frame and began walking, and that's when all time stopped. He stopped dead in his tracks. what did Alois just say? Ciel began walking once again, as fast as his short legs could carry him. He passed got distanced from Sebastian who was following right behind him. He wanted to get away from everyone so he could just hide his damn red face...

The whole carriage ride was in complete silence. Ciel couldn't function. Sebastian was as mad as hellfire that the blonde's words made Ciel act like this. No words were spoken once they reached the Phantomhive manor, either. After those three little words were spoken, neither Ciel or Sebastian spoke a single word to each other. They didn't even look at each other. Ciel was too busying being in deep, deep thought. Those words... why did they hit him so hard? what was so very special about them? He just didn't understand... All this, It was really so weird for him.

Ciel stormed up into his room quickly, running in and slamming the door with his back, laying against the wooden surface and breathing heavily. He locked the door, and ran over to the windows, shutting the blinds to shield the bright light coming into his room.

He began to pace around to room continuously, thinking. Thinking about what else this could be... was puberty hitting him so hard that he was now interested that anything that walked and breathed? Nahh, that couldn't be it... Was he just very sensitive over every little word now? No, no... he'd be blushing a lot more than he currently was if that were the case... Was he just going absolutely insane? Maybe.

Ciel crawled up into the bed and pressed his face up against the silky pillow, finally deciding to come to terms with the truth. He wasn't going to lie to himself anymore.

"You've gone and fallen in love, Ciel... What are you gonna do about it, now?"