Start of the field trip

"Get ready, everyone! We are going to start this journey!" Mrs Laruen, our teacher, said. A loud roaring cheer broke out, followed by chatter. " So, Linda, what snacks did you bring?" I asked curiously. She responded by opening her bag and showing me what was inside.

Linda and I are best friends ever since kindergarten. Coincidencely, we joined the same school. Linda's brother, Darren was just a few months older than her. He brags about it in class and was over the moon on getting to join our field trip to the Malaysia Jungle to so-called take care of Linda.

" Are you okay, Scarlet? You seem nervous." I smiled at Linda, assuring her that I was fine. We talked about where we were going to travel during the December holidays. Soon though, we started to fall asleep.

Beside Linda, Darren was nodding his head recklessly. Probably to the music he was listening to.

A sharp yank jolted me upright. Linda, miraclely, was still in deep sleep. " Everyone, don't panic. It's just the red light." Mrs Laruen assured us. We sat back in relief and I rummaged through my backpack and took out my rubricks cube to solve.

" Hey, can I solve it? You scramble it." Darren asked, but not too politely. However, I retorted," Um...it's mine, so I get to play it. It's your fault that you didn't bring a rubricks cube. How about you go ask your best friends?" He looked away and went back to listening to his music. I smirked in triumph. I finally got to stand up for myself. Everyone has been teasing me about being a timid mouse, though Linda always stood up for me.

Linda and I spent the rest of the time in the bus chatting and then taking out our phones to film Darren, nodding his head vigorously, secretly and laughing our heads off while watching the video.

It seemed forever until we reached the Malaysia Jungle. Everyone stopped talking and gazed amazingly at the land of greenery. There were monkey and crickets to be heard. Linda and I shared a look. " What fun it's going to be!" We shrieked, being the first to jump out of the bus and smell mother nature.

Hi reader(s)! Thank you for reading my book! I will give you all my effort so you can enjoy it! To show your encouragement, vote this book at parts you like best and follow me too!
                                                      ~412 words