Chapter Twenty-Five

Jackal looked back in the direction of the prison. "We need to get outta here," he said, and Josh and Sybil nodded. "But where," Josh asked, and Jack shrugged, looking at him. "I got no idea." He replied.

"Let's go," Sybil said, standing up and walking past the men heading deeper into the forest. "How do you feel," Jackal asked, coming up next to Sybil.

"Hunger, I can't think about anything but blood," she replied, looking ahead. He stepped away from her, putting an arm around Judith. "We need to find somewhere to hole up until you ride the bite out." Josh deadpanned.

Sybil looked at him. "Got a place in mind," she asked, and Josh nodded. "There's a motel six, bout an hour from here," he replied. "Then that's where we head," Jackal stated and walked over, grabbing Josh's hand.

"Follow me," Jackal said, and Sybil nodded. "Right behind ya," she mumbled, feeling herself get weaker. Jackal sped off, Sybil behind him. She could feel what she thought was the virus absorbing what blood she had in her system.

It was painful, to say the least; she felt like she was desiccating faster than normal. She needed to feed as soon as possible. Otherwise, she would frenzy.

With Judith, she didn't want that to happen by any means; she was determined to see Rick and Daryl be reunited with their daughter, as long as she didn't die.

The three rounded a corner and stopped seeing the motel before them. Sybil felt dizzy; she put her hand on her head as her body swayed. "Shit," Jackal said, handing Judith to Josh and catching Sybil before she fell.

She was very pale, her skin was sweaty, and her bite was swollen and red. It looked awful. "I'm fine," she said as Jackal swept her in her arms. "Yeah, you sure look fine," He retorted, walking across the parking lot.

"Got to the room on the left with Judith; I don't want either of you around Sybil right now," he told Josh, who nodded and walked up to a door as Jackal did the same.

Jackal opened the door slowly and checked the room for walkers; when he was sure there were none, he laid Sybil on the bed and checked the bathroom.

When Jackal returned, Sybil was shivering, her teeth clattering. "Shit," he muttered, pulling a blanket over her, and she looked at him with tears. "It hurts," she croaked, and Jackal nodded. "I know it does," he replied.

"What do you need," he asked, and Sybil's eyes darkened. "Blood," she responded, and Jackal nodded. "I'll see what I can find. Stay here," he said, and Sybil nodded weakly.

She wasn't ready to die, and she felt like this would kill her; not even a werewolf bite was this bad; the only thing missing was the hallucinations, but that was made up for with the excruciating pain.

Everything was on fire like she was being burned alive; she knew what it felt like. Witch trials. Sybil was trying to hold onto her consciousness as best she could, but she was slowly slipping.

Then the door opened, and a scrawny-looking man she didn't recognize crept inside slowly. Sybil through every rational thought out the window and lunged at the man burying her fangs in his throat, drinking until she ripped his head off.

His head rolled on the carpet as Sybil fell to the ground feeling worse than she did before she had blood; she dashed to the bathroom as Jackal opened the door with a rabbit in his hands; he threw the rabbit on the ground and rushed into the bathroom where Sybil held her head over the toilet.

Her stomach churned as she puked up the blood she had consumed. It felt like her organs were ripping out from the inside, and she couldn't do anything about it. Jackal rubbed her back and held her hair, soothing her.