Chapter 23: Hidden Emotions

No POV

                In less than a second Mike was by the sleeping Jeremy, yet he was unaware that the night guard was really asleep and not unconscious. Mike began to shake Jeremy with great force, making the night guard wake from his dream with an alarmed, but slurred yelp. Pain shot through Jeremy's body, it felt like thousands of needles were stabbing his arm. He looked down at his arm to see blood soaking through his hoodie and a few shards of something shiny. The half asleep night guard sat up, making the pain in his arm worse. Said night guard had to clamp his mouth shut to keep himself from screaming in pain. Icy blue eyes flickered from an injured arm and the shattered glass on the floor. The glass has stains of crimson on the surface; a few shards were stuck in Jeremy's arm at the moment. The sight of it made Mike cringe, yet he tried to conceal it.

                Jeremy felt the traces of sleep and his dream wear off and soon he was hit with a full force of pain. The main source of it was his arm, by now Mike had already gotten a first aid kit. Jeremy slowly peeled off his blood stained hoodie, tossing it aside somewhere behind him. The situation was very awkward and tense, Jeremy was thinking of something to say while Mike began to roll up Jeremy's work shirt. Mike began playing doctor for Jeremy once again, while thinking. How he is he getting hurt so often, it's starting to worry me. After minutes of tense silence Jeremy broke the silence, "Your k-kitchen tried to kill m-me." The blue eyes guard looked up and gave a scoff, knowing that Jeremy was joking.

                "Yeah right, I don't think that you are that stupid to fall and knock over a picture frame with glass in it. So, any other reason why you fell?" Mike returned to his work, waiting for an answer from Jeremy. The night guard bit his lip, trying to recall the events before his fall. He searched through his mind, but only found a faint memory of him wandering around the house. Then, it hit the amber-eyed guard, he fell because his vision was failing him. Jeremy whispered, realizing how different everything was going to be now. "I c-couldn't see." The one who was aiding to Jeremy huffed in annoyance.

                "Speak up Jere." Jeremy repeated his realization, making Mike go silent again. The two remained that way for a while, blue eyes focusing on the wound and amber looking away to stare up at the window. Soon Jeremy's sleeve was pulled down carefully and he was given a quick pat on the back before hearing a barely audible command from Mike. "Go sit on the couch for a second." The brunette nodded, being the obedient and polite person he is, and carefully stood up. Mindful of the glass he slowly limped into the living room; his legs felt as if they were stone. Jeremy plopped down on the couch, giving a slight yelp at the force he used. The brunette slowly rolled up the sleeve of his injured arm and began to slowly trace the carefully wrapped bandages. His mind drifted off as he touched each and every layer of the gauze, wondering how Mike became so good at healing others, but not himself. The reason for the thought was that when Jeremy was fixing Mike's shoulder that fateful night of everything being reveled, he noticed scars running down Mike's back. They were faint, but they looked as if they weren't taken care of very well, from how red and damaged the skin looked, to how Mike cringed whenever they were even slightly brushed by Jeremy's gentle fingers. The thoughts made Jeremy's head ache, landing on one final question before a cough interrupted them. What had happened to Mike?

                A familiar voice brought Jeremy back to earth, his head snapping over to the owner of the voice. Mike leaned against the doorway of the living room, his arms crossed with a look of worry plastered onto his normally dull features. Mike's footsteps echoed throughout the room as he made his way over to the same couch Jeremy was on. The two were silent for who knows how long, the only sound audible was the sound of icy rain pouring down onto the roof of the house. Both of the people in the room couldn't think of a way to say their feelings at the moment, both wanting the other to a start conversation in hopes that an idea will come to their minds. The minutes ticked by without either of them saying a single syllable, the air becoming thick with tension. Thousands of questions ran through the mind of the blue-eyed man in the room, about %80 of them were about a certain amber-eyed brunette.

                The silence was broken once Mike had finally gathered the guts to ask Jeremy something to aid in the awkward situation. "You never answered my question." The brunette looked up, puzzled at his friend's question.

                "What d-do you mean?" Mike signed, looking down at the ground.

                "Remember what I asked last night. You never answered it." Jeremy blinked in response, searching his mind for the question Mike had asked that was so important. "Why d-didn't you tell me J-Jere?"  Jeremy's eyes widened, he didn't answer that question. All he did was ask what Mike meant and not answer it.

                "Oh... that question." Mike nodded, leaning back into the softness of his couch. The silence between the two returned, making the atmosphere so thick you could cut it. Jeremy tugged at his sleeves, pulling them so they were almost down to his fingertips. He hadn't changed his clothes in awhile, making them begin to feel uncomfortable. Then, he remembered that it was a Friday, he wouldn't have to work for the next three nights. At least now he could relax and hopefully sort out this huge mess with Mike.

                The amber-eyed night watch felt Mike's gaze burn onto him, silently encouraging the guard to answer. Jeremy took a deep breath, filling his oxygen deprived lungs. He didn't realize he had been holding his breath. It was time to spill everything.

                "I...I g-guess it w-was because." Mike sat up straighter, inching his way towards Jeremy so they were a bit closer. Jeremy stared down at his lap, letting the memories of all the years of torture flood his mind. It made his stomach flip and his eyes begin to water with sorrow. A large hand reached out in a kind gesture, as if the owner was saying 'you don't need to say'. However, Jeremy had come this far so he wasn't intent on stopping. "It was b-because, I.....Iwasscared." Mike furrowed his brows, not being able to hear the night watchs whispered, but fast spoken words.

"Jere you know I hate it wh-"Mike's eyes grew wide as Jeremy interrupted him. "I was scared Mike! I was fucking scared!" Jeremy burst into tears, showing that at least he wasn't holding back the long stored up emotions. Mike was stunned, blue eyes wide as he processed what Jeremy had said word for word. The security guard was silent as Jeremy continued. "I w-was scared h-he would come b-back and y-you would l-leave me! I would be a-all alone and h-he would probably k-kill me an-"Jeremy was cut off by a force pulling him in and feeling of fabric on his tear stained face. Mike held Jeremy's back and shoulder, not showing any signs of letting go soon.

"You talk too much."

A/N: Thank you guys again for waiting, this has been so hard to finish with school coming to a close and tests hitting me like crazy. If you guys have any ideas for what should happen please leave some ideas, I need help with thinking of a few things to add in before the big event of the fic. Ohoh you all are gonna hate me! Again thanks for waiting and as always I'll see you in the next chapter BUH BYE!