Chapter 18

TW Suicide Attempt

Colby's POV:

Once I got out of the shower, I then put on some sweats, a t-shirt, and a hoodie and ran to the bridge near our school. Once I got to the bridge, my phone rang and I saw it was my mom.

C: H-Hello momma (sniffled)

M: Colbaby, are you ok? Sam called me saying that you left school early.

C: N-No momma, I'm not ok! (sniffles) I-I've been hurt way worse today!

M: Colbaby, please tell me what happened.

C: Doesn't matter momma, I'm going to end all my pain and suffering right now!

M: Colbaby, please tell me where you are.

C: I-I'm at the bridge near the school.

M: Sweetie, listen to me, everything will be ok I promise!

C: No momma, everything will not be ok! (Sobs) The more I live, the worse my life gets!

M: Colbaby, don't say that!

C: I-I'm sorry momma but I have no choice.

M: Colbaby, please don't do this!

C: I'm sorry I failed you momma.

M: Colby don't you dare!

C: I love you momma.

Once I hung up, I then overlooked the bridge as I pictured myself falling to my death.

Sam's POV:

Once we got to Colby's house, we all got out of our cars when my phone rang. I took out my phone and saw that it was Mrs.Brock.

S: Hello?

MB: Oh, Sam please get to Colby! He's at the bridge near the school!

S: What?!

MB: He's planning to jump!

S: Don't worry Mrs.Brock, we'll get to him.

MB: Oh thank you, Sam! I'm on my way home right now.

S: Ok see you soon!

Once I hung up I looked at the gang. "We got to go to the bridge," I demanded as we all went into our cars and drove directly to the bridge near our school. I hoped and prayed that Colby wouldn't have jumped by the time we got there.

Colby's POV:

I closed my eyes as I thought about how I'll finally be free from the constant pain and suffering. I opened my eyes as I shakily looked up. "See you soon dad," I whispered as a single tear slipped down my face. I then closed my eyes as I prepared myself to jump. "Here I go," I said as I was about to jump when suddenly I was pulled back by a pair of strong arms. I opened my eyes to see Sam holding me tight.

Sam's POV:

Once we got to the bridge, we got out of our cars just as I saw Colby about to jump. I immediately ran up to him and pulled him back. I then held him tight as I was blessed to get to him on time. "Don't ever do that again sunshine," I told him as I looked at him as tears slipped down my face.

"Why did you pull me back!" Colby yelled at me. "What do you mean why? Sunshine, I don't want you to die," I told him. "Well, I Did!" Colby replied as tears slipped down his face. "Don't you get it? I'm sick and tired of living! I'm sick and tired of the constant pain and suffering! I just want to end it all!" Colby said as he sobbed into his hands as he fell to his knees.