Two Worlds Collide

"Phoebe, Roxxi. Time to wake up!" Noah called into our room.

"Five more minutes, mum" I felt a pillow hit me as I sat up, glaring at Phoebe as she got up and started making the bed. I got up and walked over to my dresser, catching something in the corner of my eye. I looked over, noticing the curtains were pulled open on the inside of the window next door. Jack stood there with only a pair of lounge pants, waving. I shook my head, smirking as I walked over, closing the curtains.

"Keep the curtains closed, Pheebs" I suggested., Grabbing my clothes and started heading for the bathroom.

"Why?" She asked.

"Jack's room is across from ours"

"Thanks for the warning"

" No problem" I quickly changed, brushed my teeth and other necessities before exiting as Phoebe rushed in, slamming the door behind her.

"Where are they at?" I heard Jack's voice downstairs.

"Upstairs getting ready. Roxxi, Phoebe, Noah, hurry up! Jack's here!" Mum called out. "Do you want some breakfast, Jack?"

"Yes please Mrs. Philips" Jack said politely.

"Please Jack, call me Ms. Barlowe" I raised a brow as I stood on the steps, listening.

"Okay" I headed down the stairs with my knapsack strapped to my back and headed to the kitchen to see Jack sitting down at the breakfast table.

"Roxxi" Jack smiled.

"Hey what are you doing?" I pulled the chair out and sat down next to him.

"I thought I would help you guys out by walking with you to school and show you to your classes" 

"That's so thoughtful of you, Jack" my mum smiled, picking up the pan from the hotplate, walking over and placed the hotcakes onto two of the plates. 

"Thank you, Ms. Barlow" Jack smiled as he watched her walk back over and set the pan on the hot plate. 

"Barlow?" I raised a brow at mum. 

"That's my maiden name, Roxanne" She shot me a look, causing me to close my mouth and stare down at my plate.

 "Are you okay?" Jack whispered. 

"Yeah" I whispered back. 

'Liar, Liar pants on fire' Jack mouthed out. I cut my food into bite sized pieces, shoveling it into my mouth. 

"When did you want to unpack things?" Jack asked after he swallowed his food.

"Roxanne, you still haven't unpacked?" mother asked, rather annoyed.

"Not really" I sighed, continuing to eat without another word. 

"That was so good, thanks again Ms

"That was so good, thanks again Ms. Barlow!" Jack shouted as we walked into the front porch. 

"You 're very welcome. Here's some lunch money, make sure you and your sisters eat" Mother handed Noah some money.