|01|

~

~

Classes were going on even though Faiza didn't see the need of them. And in reality, what was actually the use? I mean like, as a candidate of BECE exams that still commences and was to round up next week there was no need for extra lessons. Faiza otherwise known as fiza could only glare at the teacher from her sit continuously as her mood was spoilt since the early hours of the day.

"-this causes the coagulation of blood. So does anyone have any questions to ask?" The female teacher asked without getting any reply. 'Why don't you use that rag of a wig to bath with it'  "Okay then I guess I'd be asking y'all questions now"She faced fiza like she heard her which irritated the darked skinned girl more.

'God knows I'm not standing up thoughtless of answering any of your dumb questions that barely helped your life.' Her glare and frown deepened as the teacher decided to poke a fuming fiza. "Faiza! I need you to briefly explain how blood circulation works in the heart, relating to it's four Chambers." She simply asked and the other students fiddled with their notes to answer instead.

Fiza folded her hands more and continued to stare at her teacher more intently. "Didn't you hear me? Stand up and answer or you leave my class." She pointed at the door and fiza turned her direction there.

Barirat, her closest and most likely her only friend nudged at her from her sit and tried to whisper to her. "Psst, fiza.. I can help you" She turned to face her friend "And who told you I can't answer it. Barirat just leave this aunty one side, she thinks everyone is as dumb as her. Wearing a wig that reflects the future of her kid's sponge"

The class was silent. "Eweee ooo..." Someone whispered and fiza hissed a 'mtcheww' after hearing it. Now she was more annoyed. "OUT!!" Mrs Jalen yelled.
Fiza on the other hand was more than  excited to leave the class, waiting for a perfect opportunity and sensible reason to use. She walked away from the building and right when she wanted to run to the hostel building, she sighted her nemesis. 'The hostel prefect!'. She stood straighter after glaring at the poor soul for a solid minute and thought of a plan. She thought mischievously and walked behind the building.

Fiza was a bush away from the building when she heard the most annoying voice ever. "Fa'iza!!" It was her Best friend, 'The assistant hostel prefect'. Like seriously, they had to spot me. Fiza hissed loudly and turned around. Smiling blithely she ran towards her destination and panted once she knew the prefect wouldn't spot her. 

"Can't you ever leave my life alone?!" She gasped  and yelled once she was face to face with another creature. "I love you too. Now let's go!" Why are all the prefects against me! She taught and rolled her eyes after the hall monitor held her arm and walked her towards the admin building where she surely knows she would be in trouble.

"I'm I suspended?!" Her face bright with joy as she asked the question. The hall monitor arched his brow in confusion. Who gets excited for being suspended?  He taught and in cue the principal shoved his face between his palms and replied. "No, you're getting detention. And I'll inform your parents about your habit of skipping classes-"

"No sir, Mrs Jalen was the one that sent me out. You can ask the whole class." Fiza defended in her light hard British accent which annoyed the senior and made him to walk out. Even the principal was exhausted of her attitude. He sighed and gestured with his hands for her to leave.

Fa'ee huffed with a frown and left the door slightly banging the door. Once she was out she leaned on the wall crossing her arms above her chest. She was furious, What a life! She thought and after several rolling of eyes she decided to take her leave to her class cause apparently, there were bees hovering over the hostel entrance.

"Hey Fa'iza!" Someone yelled from above. She snapped her head towards the direction and saw it was the time keeper of junior section. Her friend, Barirat, She rolled her eyes and continued walking but this time to meet her friend instead. After 5 steps she raised her hands and waved back lazily.

"It's five minutes to short break, you could've at least spared the minutes and just answered her?" The fair skinned girl made a point with her friend which made fiza narrow her eyes. "Oh do you think it's fun to be awakened early in the morning by seniors just to take a bath, get ready unwillingly and attend some useless class on a free day??" Barirat shrugged like it was not a big deal and turned to walk into the class. "Such a big whinny" she commented.

Fa'ee rolled her eyes and both walked into their noisy class."Hey guys! Line hasn't started yet, and the hall is clear. Go start making your line before the food prefect finishes inspecting the caterers food. In a queue please." Barirat announced.

Some students whistled and raised their arms up in a 'hurray' gesture and walked out with small chatters with their friends. Fiza then sat down and bowed her head on her desk and sighed. "You're not hungry?" Barirat asked in her Yoruba ascent.

"I am. Just need to sleep a bit and think about my life." Fiza said and Barirat rolled her eyes receiving this reply. "Okay have fun." She said and this made Fiza raise her head in thought. "Sheybi we're writing last paper next week..." She started and barirat turned to reply her. "Nop, it's next months" Rolling her eyes she walked away.

"No no no... I know what I'm saying. That means school closes..." She started trying to calculate the days left for her to spend in this school. "Fiza I'm hungry, you can do your maths later, before the line will come and long now." And she continued walking.

Fiza realizing this quickly stoop up to catch her and continued her calculations and possible outcomes of it. "That means on the weekends we would vacate." She snapped happily but immediately her fell. "That means I'd go home... To my siblings.... Hey God!" She buried her face in her hands and barirat turned to her with a disgusted look. "Yeah and are you not supposed to be happy?? Omo you're one kain girl I swear."

They walked into the queue but surprisenly today, the seniors separated classes by classes instead of only makes and females of the same section which made the line short. "The only reasonable thing this wicked people ever did in this school." Barirat whispered to herself but intentionally made Fiza hear her. "This? Mtchewwwwww, see just forget about this do you even know what they did to me today?"

Fiza and Barirat paid for their snacks and walked to sit with their other mates from class."I won't be surprised even if you told me. They woke you up early for an unknown useless reason, which is to get ready and head for class by the way, thennnnn from then you got annoyed naturally actually, and you survived two classes before Mrs Jale sent you out-"

"Abeg shut up. I'm talking about the seniors" Fiza interrupted and Barirat hissed loudly deciding to ignore her. "They didn't allow me to get into the hostel!!! Like, to hell with them and the hostel sef."She exclaimed but no one reacted no replied. "So what are you going to where for graduation." Beth asked sipping the liquid of her mango flavored juice. "I don't know, but maybe an evening dress. What's the theme gonna be?" Barirat asked munching on a particular snack she bought. Fiza struggled to tear open her munch it snack and in an instant and after many trials it popped opened and popped every where leaving just little remaining.

This caused the rest of the members to stifle a chortle and fa'iza didn't bother to hide her glare. "Color should be midnight blue and white. I don't know about our seniors, but I saw it in the letter when the head mistress sent me."

"Letter? But we didn't receive any." Fa'iza forcefully inserted her straw into it's juice box making some content to splash on her arm and it infuriated her more. She sucked on it and continued her glaring among all the innocent people sitting opposite her on the table. "I don't know but I'll be expecting the letters to be shared today or tomorrow."

"What's written in it?" Elizabeth asked which in turn received a hot glare from Fiza. Though she wasn't referring or talking to her. "About our departure, a week after our BECE exams. That's next week Saturday and Sunday." Now this made Fiza to turn to Barirat, realizing she didn't tell her even though she knew and made a choice to ignore her.

~~~~~~